one hundred and nine: hallway kisses (part two)

after the entire experience with reid, you weren't really sure what to do. you thought you wanted to be with james but maybe you were meant to be with reid. you were already wanting to break up with james because of how badly he treated you.

he didn't tell you how much he loved you, he didn't once tell you that you looked pretty if you got dressed up, he didn't even acknowledge you were there at parties a lot of time except when a guy hit on you.

and there was one person he had always been threatened by.

reid.

and since you were technically still james' girlfriend, you knew that telling him would mess him up. he would probably lose his mind over this.

during the case reading, you tried to keep your focus on the work but your mind was solely on reid.

after the case reading, you walked out of the room and straight to garcia's office where you immediately shut the door behind yourself.

"oh hey, _____! what's-"

"reid and i kissed," you told her. "multiple times."

she raised her eyebrows as her eyes went wide.

"wait? but i thought you- isn't james' jealous of reid?"

you nodded.

"the only person that he feels threatened by."

"what are you gonna do?"

you sighed, taking a seat in one of her chairs.

"i was already planning on breaking up with james. he doesn't treat me well at all but i know that if i tell him i'm breaking up with him because spence kissed me, then he's going to lose his mind."

garcia sighed.

"you will have to tell him the truth, ______."

you nodded. "i know, i will."

-
"james, no wait-" you said as you tried to run after him as he walked towards spence with an angry expression on his face.

"you kissed my girlfriend?" he said angrily.

reid looked up from his book as he watched your boyfriend, that you technically were breaking up with, walk towards him.

"there are a million other girls in the world that you could've kissed and you kissed my girl?"

reid smiled to himself.

"actually, there are seven point-"

"oh, don't get all smartass with me," james said as he angrily pointed at reid. you were standing back, watching and afraid of what he might do.

"i will get you back for kissing my girlfriend. maybe i'll even steal her back from you, hm? maybe i'll break you two up in the most ruthless way possible! i still love her!"

"it didn't seem like you loved her at all until someone started to show interest in her," reid muttered as james furrowed his brows.

"what did you say to me?"

"you heard me. i don't know much about love but you don't have her only around for convenience. you have her around because you love her," reid said, shutting his book as you looked over at him.

james furrowed his brows, looking over at you.

he leaned down, trying to kiss you once more but you turned your head, looking the other direction.

"hm, so that's how it's gonna be, huh? he gets to take you away from me but you won't even give me one last kiss?"

you shook your head.

"please just leave james."

he smirked.

"i'll get you back very, very soon, honey. you'll be crawling back to me in no time."

with that, he left as morgan and prentiss gave the two of you shocked expressions.

"you kissed her!" morgan said, looking over at you while you tried to calm your breathing. reid smiled to himself.

"of course i did. she deserves better than him."