sixty nine: sister (part two)

that night, you just wanted reid to come over because of everything that was happening at work. at least your home was a place to avoid morgan but when you got home and walked into the room with reid, you saw your sister and morgan sitting on the couch as they laughed about something they had just watched on the television.

"derrick, what the hell are you doing in my house," you asked firmly, crossing your arms as reid stayed in the back, hanging up his scarf and coat on the coat rack.

"your sister invited me over," he responded. "and i think we should clear the air here."

"there's no air to clear. get out," you told him as you bit your lip anxiously and angrily. you were so pissed off at your sister that you felt you couldn't contain it.

"______, there is clearly something going on here," he said. "can we just discuss it."

"fine!" you said loudly, grabbing reid's band in yours as the two of you went and sat on the loveseat together. you put your hand in reid's lap as he held onto it tightly.

"you want to know the issue i'm having?" you asked as morgan nodded, sitting down. "my sister is only getting back at me by dating someone at my work!"

"what are you talking about? i love him," she said, scooting closer to him.

"no! you don't! you love spence and that's a problem because i'm dating him! why can't you just grow up and admit that you're in love with him and you're only dating derrick to tick me off!"

"why would me dating morgan tick you off unless you love him?" she asked, raising a brow as she got closer to him.

"oh my God, you're so ignorant! i don't love derrick, i love spence! but the way that you're acting around him is to purely tick me off because you couldn't get ahold of my boyfriend before he asked me out! it's like you're acting like garcia and trying to date my brother! derrick is like my brother! that's so weird!" you said loudly as your sister laid her head down on his shoulder.

"is this true?" he asked your sister.

she shook her head, looking up at him.

"no, no, it isn't, my love. i love you, and only you. i would never, ever want to date her boyfriend over there."

you bit your lip intensely before responding.

"i can't believe you. i'm leaving," you muttered, walking out of the house as you grabbed your coat and slammed the door.

morgan looked over at reid, noticing as he stood up slowly before responding.

"morgan," he said, looking over at him. "you have to respect _____'s statements here. you have to understand her feelings and how she knows her sister."

morgan stood up, including your sister.

"i'm going to go find her," he said. "you should probably work this out."