thirty eight: gambling lesson, spence

"do you gamble, _____?" prentiss asked as you looked up from the table that you were looking at while tapping your pen. you looked over at reid who was just smiling sweetly at you as you cleared your throat and looked back down at the pen. 

"well," you began. "i tried to learn since my boyfriend is from vegas but then he sort of ended up just beating my ass at the so called learning experience i was trying to get."

you looked over at reid once again as you cocked your head in confusion as he continued to smile sweetly at you. prentiss looked over at reid before looking back at you.

"you know, i am a little surprised that he beat you- his own girlfriend," prentiss said as you nodded, sitting back in your chair. 

"i know," you began. "i really thought he would've actually taught me, his girlfriend, how to properly gamble since he's been banned from almost every casino. there's a reason why and i never got to learn it because he didn't give me the chance."

reid got up and walked over to where you were as he took a seat next to you, slowly sliding your other hand into his as you raised a brow in his direction. prentiss cleared her throat as you looked back over at her. 

"maybe he could fill in for you tonight at the casino that we need someone to go to," she suggested as you looked back over at him. 

"would you be willing, spence?" you asked sweetly as he nodded back in response.

prentiss nodding, standing up as she went out to go tell the rest of the team the plan. 

"what are you doing, spence?" you asked with a small laugh as he leaned closer and rest his head on your shoulder, closing his eyes as you looked down at him. his forehead was resting on your shoulder as you smiled to yourself. 

"spence," you said softly, running a few fingers through his hair. 

"i'm just extremely fond of you," he muttered back softly. 

"then what was with the gambling learning session that you didn't let me learn from?" you asked with a slight laugh as you continued to run your fingers through his hair. 

"it's out of habit of playing with morgan," he replied as you smiled to yourself. "you remember that we used to play cards a lot when i first started around here and i mean, we still do on occasion, but now i have you to focus on rather than cards."

you felt blush heavily powder your cheeks as you continued to smile to yourself. 

"how many women have you swooned like this?" you asked. 

"well, there are about six women that i have tried to date at some point and several of them like me back as well," he began as you stopped playing with his hair and looked down at him with jealousy in your eyes as he sat up to look at why you stopped. 

"sweetheart, you know i'm kidding," he said sweetly as you raised a brow with the jealous look in your eye still. he brought you closer by your chair as he pressed a kiss to your cheek, pausing momentarily to see if you would lean in or not. when you didn't, he pressed one more kiss to your cheek which ended up getting you. 

"i honestly don't know why you think i've had six women interested in me," he muttered against your cheek as you pulled back and looked at him. 

"spence, i'm honestly surprised that i'm your first girlfriend," you responded as he furrowed his brows in confusion. 

"i'm not," he said back. 

"why's that?" you asked. 

"because you're the only woman that's ever made sense in my mind," he replied, giving you a sweet smile as you blushed heavily, looking down towards the ground. 

"spence," you said softly as he smiled at you still, pressing another kiss to your cheek before prentiss walked back into the room as you stared over at him.

"alright, i think we have a plan for you, reid," she said before looking up. "what is going on with you two?" she asked with a slight laugh. 

"nothing," you said softly as you gave reid a small smile before pressing a quick kiss to his lips as you got up to leave the room so prentiss could give him the information but reid didn't let you go that easily. 

he stood up as he pulled you towards him, holding the connection for several seconds longer before finally letting go and giving you a smile before pressing a kiss to your forehead before you left the room. 

you were smiling the entire time.