one hundred and thirty seven: back to work

"excuse me?"

you were sitting at your desk, trying to read through one of the case files presented to you by hotch and j.j., blocking out most of the conversations that were happening around you. 

"excuse me?"

someone tapped you on the shoulder as you jumped slightly, turning around to face whoever was trying to get your attention. it was a guy, a cop or detective by the look of it. you closed the case file, looking up at him in confusion. 

"hi, may i help you with something?" you asked gently, confusion being etched on your face. 

"i'm detective mcgee," he said as you furrowed your brows, waiting for him to continue. "i, uh, i have a case."

you nodded slowly. 

"you have a case?" you questioned, perplexed as to why he was here if he had other things to do.

"yeah, i, uh, i submitted it to agent jareau," he said as you nodded, pushing your chair after you stood up. 

"i'll bring you to her," you told him, walking towards her office as you knocked on the door. she answered, saying for you to come inside as you brought the detective in, explaining the situation to j.j. before leaving. 

when you shut the door, you began walking back to your desk before someone pulled you aside. you turned to face them, hitting them with your hand as you looked up at them with a smile. 

"what's up with you," you told him, smiling up at him. 

he shrugged, smiling back down at you. 

"nothing," he muttered, seeing you still staring up at him. "i just wanted to show you how much i love you."

you kept smiling at him before pressing a brief kiss to his cheek.

"i love you too, spence," you replied. "but it's time to get back to work."