fifty: give you the world

"how did you not notice that! the guy was totally hitting on you, ______! my God! to have a guy like that hit on me? it would be a dream," garcia said as you both walked out of the bar together.

"garcia," you finally spoke up. "you have to remember that i have a boyfriend. i can't keep trying to flaunt myself to other guys- even when i'm not and they assume so. that's not how that works anymore. i love that you want to spend time with me, but we could always do something else."

she sighed.

"i know, i'm sorry. i just miss being able to go out freely and have fun, you know!" she exclaimed. "i just wish i had someone."

"garcia, i know that after you and kevin broke up, it was very difficult. i understand," you began. "but throwing yourself at other guys isn't going to help. you have to find a way to grieve what you lost and then move on and realize how incredible you are."

"it's easy for you to say when you have a boyfriend that would give you the world if you asked for it," she muttered, looking towards her feet before letting out a sigh. "look, maybe you're right. maybe i should spend time by myself to sort of figure this all out."

you nodded, pulling her into a hug before your phone began ringing.

"agent _____," you answered, hearing hotch's voice on the other end of the line. you nodded, looking over at garcia before hanging up. "we have a case."

she nodded. "better get going then."

-
walking into the bau conference room, you didn't see reid in there yet so you continued to talk to garcia about her boy issues she was dealing with. you wanted to help her in any way possible that you could because you knew how much she loved kevin and how hard the breakup hit her.

when reid did walk in, you could tell by the small groan of annoyance that prentiss let out.

"actually, halloween isn't entirely ritualistic. in fact, ninety nine percent of the rituals that are performed are actually inspired by past ceremonies that-" he was rambling but prentiss stopped him by talking to you.

"______, thank God," she said loudly as she came over to you. "please get your boyfriend under control."

you smiled to yourself, looking over at reid as he blushed shyly and tightened his grip on his bag. you reached out, grabbing his hand and intertwining them as you pulled him close to you.

"you won't have to worry anymore, emily. i'll make sure he doesn't bother you," you said with a smile as she gave you one in return.

garcia looked between the two of you as you talked with emily.

reid was staring down at you with a smile, observing all of your features and the way you talked to her with such ease and comfort. it's like you felt a belonging with being in this moment. reid couldn't help but stare at you in pure, blissful joy and love and adoration.

"it's like i said, _____," she said aloud, interrupting your conversation as you all looked over at her. "he would give you the world if you asked for it."