one hundred and seventy: inform

"so, ______," garcia began to say as you looked over at her while you walked into her office holding a bunch of papers to go over. "when are you and reid gonna, seal the deal?" she questioned as you furrowed your eyebrows in confusion. 

"what?" you asked, sitting down in a chair next to hers as you handed her some papers from your large stack. garcia chuckled.

"a baby, _____. when are you two going to have a baby," she explained as you laughed. 

"i thought when someone talked about 'sealing a deal', they meant having sex," you said softly, looking down towards the papers you had still. garcia shrugged. 

"i've heard it both ways, but back to the question, mrs. avoidance. when are you two going to have a baby?" she asked, seeing you look over at her briefly before glancing towards your watch. she didn't understand what was going on with you. 

"i'm not sure. ask spence," you muttered, standing up and walking away to find him while still holding the stack of papers. when you exited her office, you placed a hand gently on your stomach as you took a deep breath in before walking off to find him. when you did, you set the papers down as you got his attention.

"we need to talk," you said as he nodded, standing up.

you led him over to a private spot within the building level you were on as you looked up at him.

"when are we going to tell people? garcia asked me about it again today," you said to him as he frowned a little. 

"well, i'd like to enjoy this pregnancy for a little longer in private before we get smothered by the team's comments. it's nice to have this little baby all to ourselves for now," reid said as he gently ran his fingers through your hair as you stared up at him.

"but the nagging, babe," you muttered, placing a hand to your head. "like, i love garcia and all, but she keeps asking. i don't know why she's been more on and on about it lately. it's as if she knows or something."

"does she?" reid questioned as you shook your head. 

"there's no way she does," you replied. "if she did, she would have outwardly told me instead of asking me every other day about it. she can be bluntly honest about what she's caught onto." 

reid sighed, looking down at your stomach before making eye contact with you once more. 

"spence," you began, seeing him smiling down at you before pulling you into a hug. 

"we can tell them soon, ______. i've just enjoyed this. the privacy of the pregnancy has been so nice, i'm just glad that we had it," he muttered as you held onto him tighter. "but i know that the nagging of the team members is getting annoying. morgan asks me often, too."

you nodded, nestling your head in the crook of his neck. 

"spence, we need to tell them. it's exciting," you said, leaning back a little as your eyes met his. "can we tell them soon, please?" 

he nodded, resting his hand on the side of your face before answering aloud. 

"of course. you'll start showing soon, too. then they would definitely know something's up."

you smiled up at him, pressing a kiss to his lips before responding. 

"can't wait to have a baby with you, spence," you said. "now we just have to inform the team."