one hundred and twelve: can't help myself (part nine)

"_____! _____, wait!"

you turned around from your walk outside as you saw the rookie running after you. reid was already outside as you were heading to go outside after him. sometimes you couldn't keep up with his long strides.

you wanted to speak and ask him what he needed from you but he gave you no time to do so as he pressed his lips eagerly to yours.

you pushed him off of you, sort of standing in shock as you held onto your bag, twisting the strings around your fingers as you stood there shellshocked.

"______, i want you badly."

"i-" you began, but the words got stuck in your throat. he had not done anything physically up to this point so the fact that he decided to kiss you right now caught you off guard. "i have a- spence?" you said, looking at him in confusion.

he shook his head. "_____, forget about him and we can run away together. we can start a new job together and have an entire life together. i can give you, and will give you, everything. please give me a chance."

"spence is my-" you said, feeling so confused and overwhelmed as you looked up at him again before suddenly turning around and walking out of the building. your heartbeat was going so fast as you walked up to the car, putting your hand on the handle like you were going to open it but you couldn't as you just put your head against the window as you began crying.

you felt absolutely horrible.

"_____, everything okay?" morgan asked as you looked up at him, nodding and giving him a small smile.

"uh, yeah, everything is fine. i guess i'm just homesick. hey, uh, have you seen reid?" you asked him, finally opening the door and tucking your bag underneath the seat as you wiped away the tears coming down your cheeks.

morgan followed you, putting his bag underneath the seat as well as he nodded.

"yeah, he went back inside to make sure he didn't forget anything. he should be in the lobby now."

you nodded, thanking him before walking inside once more as the rookie laughed a little.

"you always go running back to him, don't you?"

you turned to look at him.

"elijah," you said, using his real name as tears brimmed. "i have to tell him. he's my boyfriend. if he finds out that you kissed me-"

"what?" reid asked as he approached.

you turned around, seeing him standing behind you as he looked at you. you felt your heart already beginning to break.

"spence, i was coming to tell you-"

he sighed, walking off and away from you as he shook his head. you looked after him before turning to face the rookie.

"if you broke us up, i will find a way to get you off of this team and transferred," you told him before leaving.

you ran after spence before finding him at the car.

"spence, please. you have to believe me when i tell you that i didn't kiss him back. i immediately pushed him off of me and-"

he nodded, grabbing your hand as he pressed his lips to yours. you felt the entire world around you melting away and you could only seem to focus on your world.

he didn't want to let go of your lips and you could feel it by the way that he kissed you. his hand was laced into your hair, keeping you close to him. when he finally did let go, you were seeing stars as you took a brief step back.