ninety six: reid affect

"what will you do when a man tries to attack you through mental games, _____? you have to be prepared! that's why i'm trying to get you to read this!" reid said as the two of you walked into the main floor room of the bau. you laughed, looking over at the book reid was trying to give you.

"i'm not reading a book about mind games, spence," you said. "especially not one that has a literal crossword in it. spence, did you get this at a newsstand or something?" you asked as he smiled at you.

"yeah, i bought it for you," he said as you laughed a little, looking back up at him. he continued to stare at you, raising his eyebrows before you finally gave in.

"oh, alright," you said, taking it from him. "you keep winning me over, spence. how do you do it?"

he continued to smile down at you, pressing a kiss to the side of your head with a smile as your stomach did flips.

"i don't know, maybe it's the reid affect," he muttered, keeping you close as he watched different guys walking around the two of you.

"i thought that was only with children and animals," you replied, looking through the book as you paid no attention to his jealous antics.

"it can be with pretty women," he said softly, looking back down at you before you looked up at him.

"i love you," you said with a smile as he smiled back at you.

"i love you too."