Stressed Out

You were driving home from college, a yawn escaping your lips. You've been having a rough time sleeping for weeks, and the price to pay for it was brutal. You looked in the rear view mirror and noticed the bags darkening under your eyes. Your lips were set in a permanent frown, and your body was aching with exhaustion.
    When you finally arrived home, it was midnight. As soon as you opened the door, you could hear Jack's voice boom from the other room. A faint smile crossed your lips, but it quickly went away. You leaned down on the counter and took a deep breath, your head pounding from all the stress.
    "Baby! Your home!" Jack shouted, causing you to wince slightly. You forced a big smile on your face, the kind of smile you've been forcing for awhile. Jack enveloped you in a hug and kissed your cheek. You closed your eyes and wrapped your arms tightly around him also. The feeling of him against you always made you feel a little better.
    When you pulled away, he continued to look at you. You could feel your fake smile twitching in discomfort, so you quickly turned away and walked to the table. You began to pull out your homework and laid it on the table. Jack knew how much you were going through with homework and school, but didn't see how much it was hurting you.
    "Are you okay,Babe? Everything alright?" He asked you quietly, you looking into his blue eyes. You forced yourself to perk up instantly, shaking your head and chucking weakly.
"Yes, honey, I am just a little tired after this week. That's all." You stated, only half lying. He nodded and placed a kiss on your temple before grabbing himself a drink.
    "I know something that will wake you up." You looked up to see his eyebrows wiggling and a smirk on his face. You instantly blushed and burst out laughing. After awhile of him talking about his day and yours, he had to go back to recording. Once his sweet kisses had ended and the door was shut, you let a few tears roll down your face.
    It was around two in the morning and Jack walked in the kitchen to check on you. He smiled at the sight. Your books were scattered around you, pencil still limply stuck in your hand. Your head was laid down on the table, soft snores escaping your mouth. He gathered all of your homework before gently picking you up in his arms.
    His smile faltered when he noticed the tear stains on your cheeks and stained on the paper. His heart hurt whenever he saw you cry. He kissed your cheek gently and carried you off to bed. He securely held you in his arms as he whispered sweet nothings in your ear and rubbed your back. You weren't awake for this, but the next day you were confused as Jack took more time to comfort you and make sure you smiled before leaving the house.