Sickness Part One

Your fingers quickly pressed the buttons on the controller, speeding up your car in the game. You cheered as you won the last round. Smiling to yourself, you shut off the game and headed into the kitchen for some food. You stopped when you heard Jack start coughing. You sighed and grabbed the medicine for him, shaking out two pills and a NyQuil.
   His cough has gotten worse over the first few weeks. He has refused to go to the doctor, and that made you even more nervous. You listened to his hacking as you walked down to his room and opened the door. He was currently recording, but stopping to take a breather after his episode of coughs.
   "How you feeling babe?" You asked softly, handing him his medicine. He took a deep breath and smiled weakly at you, thanking you as he took the medicine. You pressed your hand against his forehead, feeling the heat radiate off his skin. You pursed your lips and watched Jack pull away and fix his hair. He tried clearing his throat, but that ended up in another round of coughs.
   He groaned, grabbing his chest and hacking. You rushed over to him and rubbed his back, letting him get through it. Once he was done, he was taking little gasps of air and leaning back into his chair. You were very worried at this point, but Jack still waved you off. You grabbed a rag from his desk and dabbed at the sweat collecting on his forehead.
   "You have to go to the doctor's at some point." You stated firmly. He sighed and nodded, shooing you out the door before going back to his recording. You shook your head, heading down the hallway. Suddenly, you heard Jack's cry and a loud crash. You burst into the room, finding Jack on the floor. He was holding himself up by his two shaking arms, coughing harshly.
   His pills were scattered and the liquid medicine pooled onto the floor next to him. He looked even paler now, and his eyes were screwed shut in pain. You grunted and heaved him on his feet, his arm around your shoulder. You stumbled through the house, your heart pounding as you say him in the passenger seat.
   "Hold on, baby! We're going to the hospital now! Please just try to breathe!" You yelled as you ran around to the driver seat. You quickly pulled out of the drive and rushed to the hospital. Jack leaned his head back and groaned, gripping his stomach as he continued to cough. By the time you two had reached the E.R, he had tears running down his face.
   He trembled in your grip as you helped him in the front doors. You started shouting for help as nurses rushed at you with a stretcher. Jack's knees buckled and he ended up on the floor again. Doctors helped him onto the stretcher as he groaned and cried. You grabbed his hand, squeezing it tightly as tears of your own started forming.
   "Please be okay." You whispered, your hands slowly slipping off of each other as he was pulled down a long corridor, and out of sight. You stood there for a few moments, it all happened so fast. One moment Jack was fine, then the next you found him on the floor. You let the tears run down your face as you wrapped your arms around yourself.
Please be okay, please be okay, please be okay.