47. Track (18): Be careful around people

Huai Jiao pushed the small double sofa and wooden bedside table beside the bed in the bedroom to the door.

He sat on the cabinet, his hands and feet were cold.

The unidentified intentional intruder outside the door fell silent after saying that sentence. Huai Jiao wasn't sure if the other party left or not, after all, he was also silent when he came.

The only light in front of you comes from the cat's eye on the door, and the white light in the aisle penetrates the round hole. After a few seconds of quiet confrontation between the inside and outside of the door, it turns into darkness in the next breath.

【left already. 】The voice of 8701 awakened Huai Jiao who was staring at the door in a daze.

The temperature in the early morning of winter is almost below zero, and there is no underfloor heating in the south. Even if the air conditioner is turned on, if you step on the floor barefoot for a long time, the soles of your feet are still so cold that you almost don't feel it.

Huai Jiao was curled up in the quilt, and as soon as she closed her eyes, a crisp lockpicking sound of "click, click" would automatically resound in her ears.

[Sleep first, you can call the police when you wake up tomorrow morning. 】

It is now past two o'clock, and it is only a few hours before dawn. The eyelids closed and opened again, and when he looked up, he could see the door of the apartment a few meters away from the bed.

Outside, there are monsters hiding in the darkness with their teeth and claws open, and there are strangers standing silently at the door.

The more you are afraid of something, the more you will think of something. Huai Jiao knew that all she had to do was wait, but she couldn't sleep and couldn't control her thoughts.

I tried my best to turn over lightly, holding my breath, and even the small sound of skin rubbing against the quilt was afraid of being heard by unknown monsters outside the house.

He turned his back to the door and looked at the drawn curtains in front of him, almost half-opening his eyes through the whole night.

Huai Jiao seldom stayed up late, one night was already the limit, and when the sky was a little brighter, he couldn't help but fell asleep in a daze.

When I woke up again, it was already daylight.

The mobile phone is on silent and cannot hear the message reminder, Huai Jiao clicks on WeChat, and sees the top messages and goes back one by one.

After washing up and coming out of the bathroom, the first thing to do is to call the police.

"Attempt to break into the house, right? Okay, don't be nervous, we will immediately contact the nearby police station to investigate." The police operator, with the same gentle and calm voice as last time, asked Huai Jiao for his address, and then hung up after asking Huai Jiao's address. Telephone.

The sofa at the door was pushed back and restored to its original position, and the sound of children playing in the garden of the community came from outside the window. Huai Jiao sat by the bed and listened to the sound downstairs, and it was only at this moment that she seemed to come alive.

...

"What time was it when you noticed movement outside the door?" The short-haired heroic policewoman asked Huaijiao standing in the living room of the apartment after showing her police officer ID...

Two minutes ago, there was a knock on the door outside the apartment.

Huai Jiao guessed it was the police, so she walked over quickly, but cautiously looked out through the peephole before opening the door.