51. Track (22): You shouldn't be mad at me

At the moment when Huai Jiao's fear reached its peak, there were only two thoughts that flashed through her mind.

One is, how did he know that I was the only one tonight.

The second is... Fortunately, Shen Chengyu is here.

The wooden stick behind the door was actually a mop handle, half as thick as a wrist, and passed through the metal handrail to rest between the floor and the wall.

Yan Shu took him to try, the triangular structure, it is impossible for a normal adult to push it away with brute force.

That small gap is the gap between the wooden stick and the handrail, about half an inch, enough to leak an eye.

The light from the small table lamp can only illuminate a small area at the head of the bed, and the person standing at the door has a limited perspective and can only see the situation at the end of the bed.

Huai Jiao asked Shen Chengyu to cover his mouth, and opened his eyes wide to look at the door.

The voice-activated lights in the aisle were already on when the wooden stick made a sound, and the white light in the corridor that should have shone in through the crack of the door could not be revealed because of the person blocking the door.

Shen Chengyu stared at him intently, his arm muscles that had been exercised all year round were tense.

The other party seemed to know that there was something blocking the door, so he didn't use brute force to push it open. Instead, under the close watch of the two people in the room, he took a step back suddenly and closed the door.

"Ka—" the sound of the anti-theft door being locked gently.

Huai Jiao looked at the door in a daze, then turned her head to meet Shen Chengyu's.

"Umm..." Did he leave? ?

Shen Chengyu frowned and said, "Not sure."

"Keep quiet, I'll go over and have a look." Shen Chengyu let go of his hand covering Huai Jiao's mouth, and said in a low voice.

Huai Jiao pursed her lips tightly and nodded.

What happened later happened too suddenly, Shen Chengyu walked out lightly, but before he reached the door, the closed apartment door in front of him caught off guard and made a "click".

Between the cracks of the door less than three meters away, a pocket knife gleaming with cold light, protruded from the outside of the door, pressed against the wooden stick of the horizontal gate, and lifted it lightly——

The wooden stick was thrown away and smashed against the wall on the other side.

The voice was so shocking, his heart suddenly jumped, and he almost stood up.

Immediately afterwards, he saw Shen Chengyu standing at the door, suddenly raised his leg and kicked the door, there was a loud "bang", accompanied by the crisp sound of the knife falling to the ground.

After realizing that Huai Jiao was not alone in the house, the people outside the door turned around and ran away almost immediately.

"Shen Chengyu!" Seeing Shen Chengyu pulling the door to chase after Huai Jiao, she couldn't help calling out to him.

"Lock the door! Don't go out." Shen Chengyu turned around and only had time to say this.

Huai Jiao stood up from the bed, looking at the wide open door of the apartment in front of her, she was at a loss for a while.

He took two quick steps outside the door, and when he reached the corridor, he could still hear a lot of noise coming from the safe passage.

Huai Jiao hesitated for a moment between the two options of chasing her out to have a look and staying at home honestly.