56. Track (End): Close your eyes

"Were there no other voices around when he called you?"

Shen Chengyu said firmly, "No."

"He said he was at the gate of the police station, and there was nothing unusual on the phone except the sound of the surrounding vehicles." Huai Jiao also answered when he asked if there was anyone around him.

The computer screen showed the last location of the other party's mobile phone, which was a landmark shopping mall less than 200 meters away from the entrance of the police station.

Contacting the surveillance records retrieved by the person in charge of the mall, it was clearly recorded that Huai Jiao had entered and exited with a young policeman in police uniform at around 2:30 in the afternoon.

"Can you focus on zooming in on this lens?" Yan Shu frowned and tapped the screen, and the security personnel in charge of the shopping mall's monitoring equipment heard the words and immediately called up the monitoring screen of the area.

In a certain coffee shop on the second floor of the shopping mall, Huai Jiao and the man were sitting by the window.

The moment the picture was clearly zoomed in, Team Leader Shen suddenly said, "I've seen this person before. The small policeman from the Chengxi District Police Station has sent materials to the team several times in the past two days."

"Huai Jiao knew him??"

Shen Chengyu and Yan Shu suddenly looked at each other with a possibility that came to mind under the unfinished words.

After being quiet for a long while, Shen Chengyu suppressed the breath in his chest, and said in a deep voice: "The police who came to Huaijiao's home to report the crime a few times ago, you can ask someone to investigate."

Team Leader Shen frowned fiercely, "What?"

"He's been eyeing Huai Jiao for a long time, the first time Mingxin community called the police..."

That's the signal to start the hunt.

...

Huai Jiao woke up slowly from her lethargy, and in front of her eyes was the abandoned building in the suburbs in the half-light and half-darkness of the setting sun.

"Are you awake?" Someone asked softly while holding his hand. The several hours' drive made Huai Jiao's neck sore, and he turned his head slowly, until he was leaning sideways on the young policeman's shoulder.

Huai Jiao pursed her lips and sat up.

The rope that bound her body was cut, but not completely untied. The white nylon rope was wound several times around Huai Jiao's left wrist, and the other end was led by a police officer.

The mud on the hillside was wet and slippery, and the road was a bit difficult to walk on. If it wasn't for someone pulling him in front, Huai Jiao would have almost slipped down several times.

The wrist was slightly red after being tugged several times, the little policeman frowned when he found out, turned around and slowed down his pace.

"Three hours ago, I had two paths in front of me."

Huai Jiao thought the two roads he was talking about meant a fork in the road, so she didn't reply and just listened silently.

At this time, he had no room or opportunity to resist. When the other party did not show any intention to hurt him, Huai Jiao thought that for the time being, he just had to be obedient.

The young policeman obviously didn't think so, he took a step back and grasped Huai Jiao's wrist face to face, took him to his side, and said, "Talk to me, Huai Jiao, I want to hear your voice."