159. Screaming Carnival Night (13): Mysterious and beautiful new member

Huai Jiao's understanding of the word circus is actually very one-sided and superficial.

I still remember the animal performances that flashed by on TV, and the mobile street circuses I saw in towns when I was a child.

A small white shed, with a low-resolution photo of the "beautiful snake" pasted on the door, and various strange animals soaked in transparent containers.

The adults in the family once scared him, saying that there was a monster in the small shed, which was very scary. Huai Jiao has always been afraid. Every time she walked by that road, she would tilt her head and hide away.

It wasn't until he grew up, read books and became sensible that he realized that the street circuses that were scary when he was a child were actually all lies.

But that was Huai Jiao's entire impression of the circus.

He has never been so real and immersed inside a circus. Apart from the embarrassment and fear of the sudden meeting the night before, he didn't even have the courage to take another look at his surroundings.

Not to mention those weird circus members.

He didn't remember a single face except the dwarf, the black man, and the long-haired man pulling his hair.

Including jokers.

...

A well-known circus that tours the country and is loved by the upper class, its scale and wealth are much more exaggerated than Huai Jiao imagined.

Huai Jiao was taken to a very large tent. The sun was shining brightly outside, but it was even brighter inside.

The place where they ate that night was so shabby in comparison that it couldn't even be considered a rehearsal space.

There are countless gorgeous lighting fixtures and a central high roof of nearly ten meters. The stands are double-layered, and the bottom floor is divided into civilian areas and VIP areas.

Huai Jiao saw ordinary wooden seats like those in modern movie theaters. There is also an incredibly soft leather single sofa, which is an exclusive area for the rich and nobles.

He was led to the stage by a black man. On the gorgeous stage, which was almost half the size of the venue, the seemingly busy circus members, each holding props and adjusting them, at that moment, all focused their attention on Huai Jiao.

Cold, disdainful, and purely watching the show, without any scrutiny of kindness.

They are very exclusive.

Everyone knows that the members of the Sandisinla Circus all have their own mysterious and weird background stories.

So they look down on Huai Jiao, this oriental swindler with an ordinary face who fascinates the most outstanding dollmaker in the regiment.

Like a tragic love story in a magazine novel, their innocent spinster Wicks doesn't even have a good ending.

They couldn't understand it because that oriental kid was really ordinary. After all, on the West Coast of the United States in the 20th century, there were actually very few foreigners who could appreciate Asian faces.

With their flat facial features and featureless, childish appearance, even local children of several years old are more recognizable than them.

Weeks was an exception, but the rest of the regiment was not.

"Do you have any specialties?"

"Speciality?" Huai Jiao looked at the man who was approaching her and expressed some doubts.