68. Cave Ghost (11): Mermaid

Huai Jiao didn't even hear the words clearly, she just turned her head and caught a glimpse of a white afterimage out of the corner of her eye, then she was grabbed by Lan who was standing in front of her, and ran out quickly.

The moment he turned around, the faint smelly smell in the dark place in the cave seemed to be uncorked by someone and deliberately leaked out.

It's a lot thicker at once.

The flashlight flickered around while sprinting, and Huai Jiao couldn't see the way clearly, so the man in the mask could only stagger and follow, occasionally staggering, and the people in front of him would react very quickly to support him.

Fortunately, they didn't go too deep, and almost ran out of the cave in just two breaths.

Huai Jiao gasped for breath, sweat broke out on her forehead, and the warm firelight outside the cave was reflected on the stone wall at the exit, which meant that they were almost at the entrance of the cave.

Huai Jiao's heart relaxed, and the moment she raised her eyes, she happened to meet a person standing at the entrance of the cave.

The man looked anxious, as if he was about to go into the cave.

"Xiao Jiao!" Shan Chi saw him and called out hastily.

"Where did you go??"

The outstretched hand was blocked by the man in front of Huai Jiao, Lan's face was calm, and under the slight change in Shan Chi's gaze, she said coldly: "Let's go out first."

...

The scattered backpacks by the river have been tidied up, and several people probably sensed something, and moved quickly to another place.

In a dead hole about two meters deep, two girls were sitting in the middle of the line, safe and sound.

"So where did you guys go?" It was the fat man who was the first to find them missing.

When the fat man saw the two changed wet clothes at the entrance of the cave, he was really frightened. He said angrily, "Leaving the team without a flashlight. When I saw the clothes, I thought something happened to you two."

"Well, I don't know either, I ran with Sister Yu."

The short-haired girl was stared at by several people, and explained with an embarrassed expression: "Sister Yu seems to have seen something, and suddenly ran into the cave. I was afraid that she would be in danger, so I followed before I could pick up the flashlight."

Huai Jiao sat next to Shan Chi, her mind was still a little confused, and she couldn't quite listen to the conversation of the few people.

"What did you see?" Yu Wenqing frowned, and asked the girl with the high ponytail who had been silent all this time.

Lan also asked Huai Jiao the same thing not long ago.

Huai Jiao was in the cave at that time, and she didn't see anything clearly, and so did the girl with the high ponytail. She asked Yu Wenqing to ask a question, and after a long silence, she said, "I heard a strange sound..."

The following words were similar to what Huai Jiao had described before, when Huai Jiao saw Lan not far away from him, she glanced sideways at him.

"Could it be that there are other people in the cave besides us?"

Huai Jiao opened her mouth, and just when she was about to point out that the voice didn't sound like a human at all, the girl with a high ponytail called Sister Yu jumped ahead of him and quickly retorted, "How could it be human?!"