Betty x Sweet Pea

Some wholesomeness for you all :)

Betty POV:

"She hates me" he said as he laid in our bed underneath the covers. I chuckled as I stood in front of the mirror, untying my hair.

"She loves you Sweet Pea" I said as I walked to my side of the bed and got in beside him.

"Yeah, that's why she invited Mike" he said with disgust.

"Honey" I chuckled as I rested my arm over his chest, running my hand along him.

"She's still in that phase where she sees the good in the world. Within a month, it'll end" I said softly.

In two days my daughter is going to turn 18. We've planned a huge birthday party for her at the Wyrm and she's beyond excited. She hasn't stopped talking about it for the past three months. In a way, I'm glad it'll be over soon.

Emma decided to invite her dad, my ex husband, to her party. Truly, I know it's a bad idea but there's no convincing her otherwise.

Every dancing competition, birthday, big moment in her life, family events and anything else important to her, he'd make absolutely no effort. He'd either show up for a few minutes and then randomly disappear or he wouldn't show up at all.

"Still" he mumbled. I smiled as I kissed his cheek.

"She loves having you in her life more than you'll ever know. I still remember the smile on her face when you showed up to her dance competition" I smiled.

Sweet Pea and I hadn't even been dating for a month when she invited him to one of her dance competitions.

On the day of the dance, she was nervous he wouldn't show up, but he did. After the dance, he told her how great she was and bought her some fairy floss although I had already said no.

"I think she was a little to young to remember" he said.

"Trust me, she remembers. He's her biological dad but you're the one she goes to whenever she needs anything. You're the one she went running too when she got into her dream college. Not Mike" I said, making a smile form on his face.

"See, now no need for you to be jealous" I chuckled as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"I wasn't jealous" he said and I grinned.

"Sure babe" I said as I closed my eyes.

I felt as he kissed my head and wrapped his arm around my back. His hand went up to my shoulder as he pushed the side of my shirt down, running his thumb in circular motions.

"Can you start sleeping naked?" He asked me. I looked up at him as I rolled my eyes.

"Can you start sleeping in the spare room?" I asked him. He frowned at me.

"I was only asking for something that we could both benefit from" he said and I chuckled.

"I've never experienced any of those benefits" I smirked.

"You're an asshole tonight" he said making me laugh.

"I love you sweetheart" I smiled as I leaned up to place a kiss on his lips.

"Mh" he said, unconvinced.

We laid in our bed as we watched tv for a bit until we heard a knock on our door.

"Have you guys got clothes on?" Emma called out.

"Nope" Sweet Pea said.

Emma walked in as she looked straight to Sweet Pea, rolling her eyes. She jumped onto our bed and sat in the middle of us, removing Sweet Pea's arm from around me.