Betty x Sweet Pea

This is me writing about two things I don't want 🥴

Betty POV:

My dad, Hal, my boyfriend Sweet Pea and his dad Fp and I were all sitting at the table, talking after we had finished dinner.

"You know Ella from primary school?" I said to the three men, they each nodded their head, having a vague knowledge of who I'm talking about.

"She's pregnant and engaged to a different baby daddy" I said as I looked through her Instagram.

"She always was a questionable person" Sweet Pea said and I nodded my head.

"But that brings me to my next point, when are you going to propose to me?" I said as I raised an eyebrow at him.

"30" he said and my jaw completely dropped.

"That doesn't fit into the life I've planned for us" I said.

"What have you planned? You're seventeen" my dad said.

"Well within the next year Sweet Pea's going to surprise, at 25 we're going to have our first and only kid and then when I turn 27, still not sure though, we're going to begin the process of taking over you and Fp as Serpent leaders" I said and both my dad and Fp gave me shocked looks that I actually had an answer.

Sweet Pea and I have talked about our future so this wasn't any surprise to him.

My beautiful boyfriend and I have lived next to each other and been best friends our whole lives. Although we only started dating two years ago, I know absolutely everything there is to know about him. I completely trust him and I know I will forever be loved and looked after whilst I am with him.

"You are not getting engaged at seventeen" Fp said and I crossed my arms.

"Give me one good reason why" I said to him.

"You're still a teenager" he said.

"So?" I said.

"The two of you still live with your dads" he chuckled.

"We have enough money to move out, we stay because you two would be miserable without us" I said and our dads rolled their eyes playfully.

"Firstly, neither of you two are ready to move out. You're not ready emotionally and more importantly, you have not a single clue how to make a bed, how to do the washing, how to cook and clean or even how to pay bills" my dad said and unfortunately to his defence, he was right.

"I said by the end of the year, not tomorrow. You guys have time to teach us" I said.

"My point is you both still need your dads, there's no need to rush anything. You're right next door to each other so it's not like you live far away. Take your time, you have so much time to do everything you want" my dad said and I let out a groan.

Fp soon headed home, my dad decided to watch some tv and Sweet Pea and I were up in my room.

"Do you think they're right?" I asked Sweet Pea.

Deep down I did realise that they're right. I guess I didn't really think the whole thing through. It's not just as simple as deciding what will happen when.

"Yes, don't be mad at me" he quickly rushed out. I chuckled at him.

"I think they're right too" I groaned as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"We'll do all those things, just at different times then what we planned" he said and I frowned a little.

"I wanna do everything now" I said. He smiled as he kissed my forehead.