Betty x Sweet Pea

wham, bam, thank you ma'am

Betty POV:

It was the end of a long school day as I stood at my locker, packing my bag with the homework that was due tomorrow.

As I was putting my math text book into my bag, I heard someone call out my name.

I turned away from my locker and saw Sweet Pea jogging up to me.

He's one of my boyfriends friends. Over time I've gotten to know him a little bit.

Betty: hey, what's up? I asked him as I closed my locker and swung my bag over my shoulder.
Sweet Pea: I need a favour. He said as he shifted uncomfortably.
Betty: yeah? I asked him skeptically.
Sweet Pea: I- um. He mumbled.

He took a deep breath out as he looked to the ground.

Sweet Pea: I'm doing really badly at math and if I don't pass the end of year exam, I have to repeat. I was wondering if you could help me. He asked, still looking down at his feet.

I let out a small chuckle which made his face turn red. I'm honestly relieved that's all he wants.

Betty: Sweet Pea of course I will. But you were acting as if you wanted me to help you commit murder. I said making a small chuckle escape his lips.
Sweet Pea: no offence Betty, but you would be the last person I'd ask to help me commit murder. He said making us laugh.
Betty: none taken. I would never survive in prison. Having to shower in front of people and no privacy, I wouldn't make it. He laughed as we walked down the hallway.

He walked me out to my car as we discussed details on when we were going to meet up.

Sweet Pea: I'll see you tonight. He smiled as he walked off to his bike.

I got into my car and headed home. I soon got home and went up to my room.

I changed into a pair of sweatpants and a black tank top. I then went down into the kitchen and heated up some left over pasta.

Once it was done, I took it out and went into the lounge. I turned on Netflix and put on the tenth season of Shameless. I've been meaning to watch it for the past week.

Sweet Pea would be here in about 30 minutes so it gave me enough time to finish half an episode.

It was about half way through the episode when I heard the doorbell ring.

I paused the show and got up off the couch. I answered the door and invited Sweet Pea in.

Sweet Pea: what season is that? He asked as he instantly covered his hand over his eyes.
Betty: ten. I said with amusement.
Sweet Pea: I'm starting that after exams and I don't want any spoilers. He said.

I laughed at him as I turned off the tv. He peaked through his hands and once he saw that it was gone, he removed his hands from his face.

We both got our stuff ready and I began going over the topics we'd need for the exam that was in two weeks.

——

It's been a week since I started tutoring Sweet Pea. We meet up each night and do a couple hours of work.

He left half a years week until the last two weeks. But at least he's trying, unlike some other people I know who are just going to 'wing it'.

There is one week left and I'm honestly quite glad Sweet Pea asked me to help him. This is great revision time for me. And if I wasn't helping him, I would probably slack off.

It's been hard studying and not being able to spend time with my boyfriend Jughead. I know he's also been a little frustrated that we haven't been able to hang out or go on a date.