Birds of a Feather

Warnings: Implied abuse, drugging, hiding

Relationship: None intended

Summary: Grian is hiding from the administrators, two randoms find him instead.

~☆☆☆~

His parents left him at an orphanage that was as abusive as abusive could be. They drugged their kids, put them through abuse, even locked them in their rooms.

But for Grian, they always forced him to stay in his room, forcibly medicating him, hurting him.

Grian heard shouting down the hall coming towards his room, he hid under his bed from the orphanage administrators, pulling his hands over his mouth to silence his whimpers and cries so that they wouldn't find him.

"COME OUT HYBRID." They shouted, then another started speaking sweetly, "We just want you to take your meds."

He saw legs in front of where he was hiding and he froze. No movement, no trembling, completely still, and unable to breathe. The legs left and the door slammed shut. He didn't move from that spot, because immediately after two different sets of legs walked in and he moved slowly and silently towards the wall.

"Let's get this kid out of this torture compound."

"Xisuma, look, they've been drugging him. These don't look like regular pills."

One person kneeled on the ground and Grian's panic went on hyperdrive. A face saw him and he moved his wing in front of him, hiding his own face as quickly as he could.

"Doc, lock the door. He's under the bed." The voice sounded slightly annoyed and Grian only curled up more, he heard an agitated sigh, "Help me lift this thing so we can get him out of here."

Doc and Xisuma started lifting the bed, once it was inches off the ground the young child scampered out and to the farthest corner away from the two his wings curling around him with his head buried under them.

"What is going on with this kid?" Doc mumbled at Xisuma when they set the bed down, "This isn't normal."

"We need to remember how long he's been here. There's a bracelet on his wrist that says how long the kids have been here. If it's green it's only been a month, red since birth, purple I think is a couple years."

"And if it's a black tag?"

"What-" Xisuma saw a black tag clipped to his ear and wing, "Since birth, hybrid, and special needs. Dammit, Doc, we need to get him out of here. He's petrified!"

Xisuma slowly walked to the trembling child, and let the backs of his fingers stroke downwards against the child's feathers.

It was a gentle touch, and without words, Grian lifted his head.

"There you are. C'mon, we want to take you to a new home."

Grian shook his head violently.

"What do you mean, no? We want to help you."

Grian hid his face again at a shout, "I swear if you don't find that hybrid, YOU'RE FIRED."

"Doc."

Doc moved to the door, being sure that people were walking past and not to the room they were in. Xisuma turned his attention back to the child, gently grabbing the tag at the base of his wing.