Sound Of Silence

Requested by Tadpole343 (1/22)

Summary: Grian backstory

Warnings: Blood (mentioned), Panic attack?, Abuse (Mentioned)

~~~~

Grian sat in his mansion, taking deep breaths as he listened to the song playing in the background.

He stared at the ground, every breath vibrating on every inhale and exhale. His wings fluttered gently against his back, slowly closing and opening again.

He flashed back to Yandere, where Sam had him talking, acting, and being Taurtis. The blue oversized coat, blue and red wristbands, his headphones, all of it.

He had started to be forced to eat the plastic of the Taurito's bags. He was frightened, uncomfortable, alone in every situation.

He was told that Sam loved him, but the way he acted said otherwise. Sam had locked him in a shed outside their summer cottage. Grian hadn't eaten anything all day because Sam had kept the food away from him.

He had been sitting against the wall of the shed, his knees tugged tightly to his chest. And all he was waiting on was his nightly beating. He couldn't run, he couldn't think properly, his breathing was staggered beyond belief.

He flinched harshly when the door was kicked open. Sam grabbed him by his arm and pulled him outside, throwing him to the ground, and stomping on his rib cage until he was unconscious.

Grian shook his head to try and get the memory to go away. As much of that which was successful, he'd begun to breathe quicker and more shallow.

Whatever self control he had left he texted Xisuma,

<Grian> X I need you... Now, please.

<Xisuma> Is everything okay?

<Grian> No. I need you desperately.

He put away the communicator and laid down, closing his eyes, flashing back to the Watcher war.

Why was he protecting these monsters? Why is he here? What is the reason for being a powerful being when all people do is fear you?

He watched in horror as every landscape in front of him was engulfed in flames, destroying every life form that came in contact with it.

He couldn't move. He couldn't speak. There wasn't anything he could do that would help him in that moment.

"Grian. Grian snap out of it."

His eyes shot open with a gasp. A gentle hand sat on his chest, calming him.

"Hey, you're alright. You're okay. I'm here."

"X.. Help.."

"What can I do to help you?"

"Make it stop.."

"Make what stop kid?"

"The pain, the memories.. Please.."

Xisuma looked at the small hermit with worry, only sitting him up and sitting behind the gremlin, allowing him to lean against him.

Xisuma ran his hand through Grian's hair in a calm, slow motion repeatedly whispering sweet nothings in his ear, calming him down, comforting him, helping him forget all those memories from years ago.

He didn't stop until Grian was asleep.