Pets

Warnings: Attempted Murder, Cages, mentions of abuse, mentions of molestation

Relationship: None

Summary: Grian's about to be put down like an animal, a few hermits save him last second.

~***~

Grian currently is not in the best situation, he was put into an abusive home after his father put him up for adoption for being a mutant.

In this home, Grian was abused, spat on, even molested. Unable to do anything about it.

This morning, Grian sat with his knees tugged up to his chest inside his tiny cage.

A person walked up to his cage and opened it.

"Come on kid, it's time."

"I don't want to die... Please don't-" Grian tried pleading but he was forcibly dragged out of the cage.

He was being dragged by his wrist through the hall and downstairs then to outside where he was thrown against the side of the barn.

"On your knees, hands behind your head, facing the wall."

An unlovable child, about to die like an animal.

Grian followed orders, his wings tensing up to the point to where it hurt.

Grian had tears of fear streaming down his face as he heard the man's shotgun cock. His heart was racing in his chest, terror and fear filling his veins. He heard he weapon being raised and aimed. He swallowed the lump in his throat.

BANG.

He waited for some form of pain, but nothing happened. Though his ears were ringing from the loud blast, he turned around and saw a black shield in front of him.

"LEAVE THE KID ALONE!"

"WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE?!"

"YOU'RE WORST NIGHTMARE IF YOU DON'T LEAVE THE KID ALONE. HE'S COMING WITH US."

"HE DESERVES HIS PUNISHMENT."

"HE'S TEN YEARS OLD! HE DOESN'T DESERVE TO DIE!"

The person who protected him kneeled in front of him with another person. He trembled and looked at him with fear.

"Hey, come with us. We're taking you out of this 'home'. C'mon." He grabbed Grian's wrist and semi-dragged him down the hill and to their vehicle, "This is no place for a hybrid, I swear those workers have no clue what to do with hybrids."

"Xisuma, you gotta remember that he was almost murdered like an animal. It's more like those people don't know how to work with hybrids."

"Scar, I don't want to hear it. Just finish working on the paperwork so we can mail it over. We're taking him back to Hermitcraft, I don't care what those social workers say. He needs actual people taking care of him."

Out of fear, Grian climbed into the car immediately.

"Let's get him some food."

They fed him, Grian remained tense and scared through the entire trip over to Hermitcraft until he fell asleep.

The next time he woke up, he was in a bed and being taken care of.

He was handed a pill and water, "That's an antibiotic, it'll help you with that infection in your arm."

He was taken care of, cared for, loved. He stayed with Xisuma primarily, thinking of him as the father he never had, being happy.

I had a good idea for this then got lazy because I'm on a time crunch.