Jemma Simmons- Accident (c)

The moan of the woman lying in the bed made you snap out of your thoughts. Jemma's eyes begun to flutter as she awoke up from her extended sleep. You didn't know if you were excited or saddened by her waking up. Of course, you were happy that she was awake and not fatally injured but you weren't happy that you were going to have to speak to her about how she ended up on the hospital bed battered and bruised.

"Jemma," you smiled softly, happy to see her beautiful eyes again.

"Y/N," she croaked, attempting to smile but her expression was pained, not that you could blame her.

"How are you feeling, Love?" You asked trying to be supportive and hoping she wouldn't hate you for what had happened.

Jemma went to try and sit up in her bed, but she paused due to the pain that she felt. She slumped back down into the pillows, wincing in pain.

"Fuck... I feel like I've been hit by a car," she hissed in pain. "What happened?"

"About that..." You trailed off, thinking about what had happened.

You were all preparing to head off on a mission and as you would be there a while and need to travel around the area, you were bringing your car with you. There was plenty of room on the bus, so you packed up your car and was trying to reverse it onto the bus when you heard a loud bang. That loud bang happened to be Jemma being hit with the boot of your car. She had fallen backwards and knocked herself out on the floor, but the doctors had said there wasn't any head injury, but a few broken ribs from the collision. You had felt terrible about hurting her, she was your girlfriend, but you doubted that would last long with you having hit her with a car.

Jemma let out a groan raising a hand to her face.

"You hit me with the car didn't you," she sighed.

You sheepishly nodded your head.

"I remember now," she frowned.

"I'm sorry," you whispered. "I didn't see you and it was a complete mistake, I feel terrible for hurting you and I completely understand if you want to leave me, but you mean the world to me."

Jemma gave you a weak smile reaching a hand out towards you, for you to take.

"It's okay," she smiled weakly. "It was an accident, I don't completely blame you. Of course, I'm a little annoyed as I hurt a lot but it was an accident so I don't hate you. I am still completely in love with you."

You gave her a meek smile. "I love you Jem."

"I love you too."