Wanda Maximoff- Birthday (c)

Maybe it was a little elaborate for a birthday plan especially when you considered it wasn't a special birthday and she wasn't a huge fan of parties. Granted this wasn't a party, this was an intimate gathering, well really it was just the two of you. You had given Clint strict orders to keep Wanda busy all day and get her to the correct location at eight sharp. You could think of pretty much anyone else that would be a better option for this job than Clint, but he was the only one available, so you had to try and keep faith in him.

There was a forest clearing not too far out of the city, that you had taken Wanda on a date to on several occasions and that was where you were arranging her birthday. You had gathered her favourite foods from the best possible places, having them all arranged on a perfectly laid table that was placed central in the clearing. Around the trees were small flickering fairy lights that soon joined the light of the moon, to give a gentle glow around the single candle that lay central on the table.

You knew Wanda's birthday was a hard day for her since her twin brother had died, but you didn't want her to lose such a special day. Maybe it was be hard and she would struggle to be happy on her birthday but with time, she'd be able to think of happy memories she had with Pietro rather than the sadness of his loss.

On your watch, it showed that eight o'clock had hit and you waited, hoping that Clint would have gotten her here.

"Clint, where are you?" You heard Wanda shout.

You tried not to laugh, hoping she would follow the faint light to you, knowing that Clint had ran off and would be heading home, leaving you and Wanda to spend the evening together.

"It's not funny," she shouted once more.

Before she could say anything else, she appeared from the overgrowth. She paused and you could see tears filling her eyes. You had no idea whether they were from happiness or sadness, but you certainly hoped it was the former.

"Happy birthday Wanda," you smiled warmly.

A goofy grin curled onto her lips as tears begun to fall.

"You did all of this for me?" She asked.

You nodded your head. "You are my favourite person in the world, you bring me so much happiness and I love you with all of my heart. You deserve the best birthday. I know that you don't like big extravagant things, but I thought we could gorge ourselves on all of this and I set up some blankets for us to food coma on and look at the stars."

"This is perfect," she grinned, throwing herself at you in a tight hug. "I love you so much."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by