Loki Laufeyson- Cell (a)

"It's not always him you know." For the past few days that Loki had you as bait for Thor he had taken increasingly great pleasure in taunting you, Lord of Mischief was a slight understatement, for the most part he was just a bit of an asshole. "The thunder, it isn't always him so there's no need to longingly stare at it."

"He's coming for me you know." Loki laughed and tapped his staff along the bars of your cell.

"Why else do you think I have you here? Thor in his infinite wisdom comes crashing through here looking all muscly and falls into my trap. It's a classic villain move to be honest; I would be surprised if he didn't see it coming to be honest."

"You really love hearing your own voice, don't you?" Surprisingly it only took a few seconds for Loki to step back from the bars and split himself in two, a perfect copy stood beside him.

"Looking absolutely fabulous as always." The original Loki gave a short spin for his twin, his outfit flourishing in the tight spaces between disused prison cells.

"Why thank you." He replied.

"I just cannot wait to finally kill that brother of ours." They nodded in agreement with themselves, but the constant droning of voice was enough to drive you insane, Thor could not come fast enough.

"Okay, fine!" They both looked at you and after a short flicker and splutter, the two merged back into one. "I get it, you're a glorified party magician can we just wait in silence for my rescue?"

"I can teach you a trick if you would like..."

"Will it get you to finally be quiet?" He shrugged and passed through the bars as if they were nothing but rays of light and from out of nothing but the dust dancing around the cell pulled out a deck of cards. His hands swept around the air and the cards followed, they flew in between the four walls before returning to his pale hands, seemingly shuffled and ready for use.

"Pick a card." He spread the cards out leaving them hovering in the air.

"I know I called you a party magician, but really? Card tricks?"

"Are you going to join in or not?" Only because it meant there was a slight chance of him shutting up you grabbed a card, he had instructed you to take a quick peek at it, the four of spades, before quickly rounding the cards up.

He reshuffled them, this time the event was much less spectacular as he just did it in his hands, he pulled a card from the deck. "Was this your card?" As you expected, it was the four, he bowed and the cards returned to whatever realm they came from.

"Not all that impressive I know, given the whole god thing and everything."

"Can you leave me alone now?"

"I can." He turned and walked towards the cell door, a great wave of relief washed over you, again though he split into an identical copy which lingered behind him. "He cant though."

~*~

Written by Aaron.