Clint Barton- Contractions (c)

"Clint! Wake up!" You shouted, slapping your hand down onto the quilt covers that lay upon your husband.

He barely stirred, making a grunt as he pulled the pillow up and around his ears as he attempted to block out the noises that you were making. One of his best talents behind archery was his ability to sleep through pretty much everything. Normally it didn't bother you, other than when Natasha phoned you, asking where your husband was when he was meant to be at work, but now was a completely different occurrence.

Putting your hand under the quilt, you gave his shoulder a forceful shove, hoping you'd be able to wake him up. This time he grunted even louder before rolling over, letting a yawn escape him as his eyes lazily opened. He picked up his phone to look at the time before glaring at you through the darkness.

"Dude. It's three in the morning," he frowned, falling back into his pillow, trying to wrap it around his head even more.

"Well I am sorry for the inconvenience Clinton," you hissed. "I apologise for being your heavily pregnant wife whom is having contractions."

He didn't move for a moment before he peeled the pillow from his head, peering at you.

"You're in labour?" He whispered.

"I assumed the screaming and me telling you I'm having contractions was a good enough explanation, but yes, our child has decided now is a good time to say hello," you frowned.

Instantly he jumped out of the bed, flicking on the lamp that sat on his bedside table so that you could actually see each other.

"Oh God," he panicked, "Oh God."

"Clinton," you frowned. "Can you calm down?"

He nodded his head, taking a deep breath but you could still see him panicking in front of you.

"Don't panic, we have three children Clint," you said softly, knowing that for all three previous births he had been a complete mess in panic, far worse than you ever were. "We should be professionals at this point, so stop worrying and just try to be helpful."

"What do you need?" He asked.

"Go and wake Lila and Cooper and make sure they have their bags, grab Nathaniel and his bag and get them into the car. I'll grab our stuff and meet you there. I'll phone Natasha to tell her we're on the way to drop the kids off and then we'll go the hospital and hope this baby decides to leave quickly and painlessly," you explained, trying to hide how stressed you were seen as Clint worried enough for all of you put together.

"I'll meet you at the car," he smiled softly, pressing a kiss to your cheek before going to get the three kids.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request