Bruce Banner- Strength (c)

Seeing the man whom you loved cry was one of the hardest things to face in the world. Bruce was your world and you never wanted to see him hurt or upset but sadly it was something that became more and more common, him struggling to accept that he had a lot of self-worth and care about himself.

You gently patted his cheeks with a tissue, trying to wipe away his tears, doing your best to not cry along with him. You wished you could just make him love himself how you loved him but you knew it wasn't that easy and it's be a long struggle but that didn't stop you holding on for hope for the future.

The rest of the avengers had gone on a mission, but Bruce wasn't needed for it and he took it far more personally than he should have.

"I'm just a monster," he croaked. "That's the only good they want from me, to cause such great destruction and when I'm not the other guy, I'm useless to them."

You gave him a sympathetic look. He was a genius and a talented scientist, able to do stuff that you couldn't even fathom of and was able to help the team in so many ways regardless of if he was himself or the Hulk. If anything, he offered more to the team as there were two distinct sides to him that offered so much, but you didn't blame him for only seeing the destruction he could cause as the Hulk.

"You know that isn't true Bruce," you said. "You do so much for the team, you are part of the family and they wouldn't be able to function without you."

"I'm a weak man Y/N," he stated as though it were a fact. "And I'm a monster. Those are the only options and there isn't anything in-between."

"You couldn't find a stronger person," you smiled. "You have such a strong mind and heart and all you want is to do good."

"But I can't do good."

Shaking your head, you wrapped your arms around him, pressing a kiss to his forehead, to try and comfort him.

"The team would fall apart without you Bruce."

"They'd be better off without me."

"You know they wouldn't. Especially Tony. He would fall apart without you; you help centre him and you can't deny that."

He wasn't able to say anything, instead just continued to let his tears fall, just needing your comforting embrace.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.