Lorna Dane- Coffee (c)

When you saw your green haired regular, you begun to gather the ingredients that you needed to make her normal order that she got every day. With the winter taking its control of the city, more people came in for coffee, but you were just glad to see the woman whom you had grown fond over the months. Even when the days became stressful at work, just seeing the green headed woman come into the coffee shop put a smile on your face and you were able to clear your mind for a moment through spending time with her even if it was only for a brief moment.

"The usual?" You smiled to her, writing 'Lorna' onto the cup along with your random quote that you added every day, changing it on a daily basis, along with a little doodle.

Even though she had been coming in for months, you had managed to include something unique on her cup every day, glad that it always made her smile. Whenever she came in, it looked as though she had the weight of the world on her shoulders, so if a simple message on a coffee cup gave her joy, you would do it every day that she came in. You enjoyed talking to Lorna, and if you had the courage, you would ask her on a date but that was too nerve-racking of a concept, so you'd settle for just making her smile through coffee cup messages.

"Of course," she said, leaning an elbow onto the counter.

"Coming up for my favourite customer," you smiled.

You poured out her coffee, making it how you did every day, putting on the plastic lid and sliding it into her hand, giving her a gingerbread man along with her drink.

"On the house," you smiled. "In the festive spirit."

Lorna read the words on her cup, a smile curling onto her lips.

"You're too nice to me," she laughed. "You know that, right?"

You shook your head, glad that your message had made her happy as you had hoped it would. Sometimes you would right terrible puns, sometimes try and draw something or use a cheesy pick up line; with the latter being your choice for today.

Underneath her name you had written, 'your smile is the best Christmas present' and drawn a couple of snowflakes with it.

"Everyone deserves kindness Lorna, you aren't exempt to that," you assured her.

"Maybe one of these days, you'll get me to believe it," she smiled softly before thanking you for her coffee and free gingerbread man before heading on with her day.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.