Shuri- Princess (c)

You didn't argue when your father told you that you were going to travel to Wakanda to marry the new King. You may have never met him but you knew that it wasn't proper for you to argue; you were a princess, you knew that you needed to just do as you were told but no one could have thought how that would change soon.

When you arrived to Wakanda, you met T'Challa and did become fond of him but not romantically. He was a good man and a noble king, but you didn't fall in love with him. Even over the months you lived there, you never fell in love with him. You were glad to have him in your life and were pleased to have him as a friend, but your heart was lost to another. Shuri was closer to your own age and nothing alike to you. She spoke her own mind, did as she wished and let her intelligence show to all around. She was everything you wanted to be.

The two of you became close quickly and without knowing, she taught you how to be yourself, to accept yourself for who you were and realise your voice was worth hearing. You both knew it was wrong, but you stole looks and soon kisses, hiding your love for one another but you knew it couldn't last forever. Your wedding was nearing, and you realised only you could make your future right, but you never realised how your heart was so important instead of living to the expectations.

It wasn't clear until someone broke into the palace and tried to kill the king, you were collateral to their plan. Shuri managed to save you. She got in the way of the gunman shielding you both, allowing her older brother to apprehend the man. That's when you realised you needed to follow your heart. With a day of thought, you headed to Shuri's lab, needing to be with the woman that made you happy, even if that wasn't the plan for you. She was surprised to see you but more surprised when she saw you go down on one knee.

"I was always raised to one day be Queen, to quietly marry a king and accept my fate as a pawn in politics but you've allowed me to see that I do have hopes and dreams and wishes for my own life. You've done so much for me, so much more than you could ever imagine. You have risked your life for mine, in every way. I love you. And though you may not have a claim on this place, this kingdom, I would be honoured to call you my wife. Please, Shuri, would you marry me?" You smiled softly.

Shuri let out a laugh, holding a handout to you. "Stand up, you idiot."

You did as you were told, letting her help you to your feet.

She cupped your cheeks and pulled you into a loving kiss. "Of course, I'll marry you."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.