Bucky Barnes- Set Up (c)

They were holding a party of sorts for some key members of the American army. You weren't part of it, not even remotely connected but you still attended as the plus one of Peggy, your best friend. She wasn't in a relationship and also wanted to try and force you into one, so it was perfect for her to invite you. You didn't mind. You liked to dance and there was free alcohol, so there wasn't any reason to complain.

When you got there, you and Peggy kept close to the wall, you not knowing anyone, and her not particularly wanting to be there. That was until you caught the eye of a gentleman across the room. As soon as you saw him, you couldn't take your eyes off of him. You asked Peggy about him and she told you that he was a close friend of Steve, the guy she liked and that had recently become Captain America.

You would have left the conversation there, but Peggy wouldn't let things stay there. Your heart skipped a beat as she sped off into the crowd in his direction. You saw her off on the other side of the room talking to him and it terrified you. She liked to meddle in your relationships and wanted you to find someone, so this was her perfect chance. You noticed her smile and take his arm, leading him back in your direction.

Quickly you drunk the rest of your drink to get some liquid courage before Peggy returned to you with the man.

"This is the woman I spoke of," she smiled, gesturing to you.

"Y/N Y/S/N," you said quietly, offering him your hand.

He graciously took it and rose it to his lips. "James Buchanan Barnes."

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mr Barnes," you smiled softly.

"Nonsense, the pleasure is all mine. I'd wish to fight in any war if it means that I have the chance to look into your eyes once more."

You could feel your heart flutter in your chest. Peggy gave you a warm and proud smile.

"I'll leave you to it."

Before you could say anymore, she merged back into the crowd, most likely to find Steve and discuss what had just happened.

The man still held your hand, a smile upon his face.

"May I have the honour of a dance with you?" He asked.

You nodded your head. "I would love to Mr Barnes."

"Please, call me Bucky."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by