Miles Morales- Spiders: Part 1 (a)

A boulder sized chunk of concrete flew inches past your head and smashed down into the bay behind you sending a funnel of water towering into the sky. This only pushed you on in your pursuit of Doctor Octopus as he caused chaos through the city, his mechanical tendrils launched a tree at you and when you looked back up, he had vanished from sight.

"Where'd he go?" You thought to yourself as you frantically searched down each street. Your hairs stood on edge as you turned a corner, you spun around to see a menacing grin plastered on his face and a grabber too close to your face to react. He laughed maniacally as you covered your face.

"What!?" You looked up, surprised by the lack of pain to see the claw suspended in front of you, wrapped tightly in a bundle of sticky webbing.

"How did you do that?" He shouted angrily, he wriggled and thrashed but he couldn't break free, you stood there in complete shock as one by one the rest of his tentacles became entangled in the same substance.

He tried to shout again but this time a clump of webbing encased his mouth, leaving him gagged and stuck floating in between the buildings. The crowd below cheered but not for you, a figure slowly descended in front of you, the suit looked like yours but instead of a dashing blue and red the fabric was an almost intimidating black and red.

"I know what you're thinking," the voice behind the mask sounded young "I'm you... Kind of, it's going to take some explaining, let's just make sure this guy is secure first." He zipped back up and slowly lowered Doc Oc to the floor where a team of officers waited in anticipation to lock up the villain once more.

"Explain." You ordered as you met the imposter on a skyscraper overlooking the city. "Explain before I string you up."

He pulled his mask from his head and stretched his neck.

"I'm Miles, nice to meet you y/n." He reached out his hand, you apprehensively met the embrace and pulled your mask off as well.

"How do you know my name?" He laughed and crouched over the rail, gazing out over the New York sunset.

"I know a lot about you. I'll explain it but you won't believe me. Basically, you aren't the only Spider out there, there's more than you would ever believe."

~*~

Written by Aaron.