Bucky Barnes- Depression (c)

Depression was something you had been forced to suffer with for such a long time that you could barely remember your life without it. Everything was a shade of grey, sometimes getting worse, sometimes getting better, but rarely ever getting to a point where things were good.

Today was one of the worse days. You moved between a mixture of numb and crippling sadness and it only made you feel worse when you thought about how such a thing affected your boyfriend Bucky. He knew about your mental health from the get-go, but that didn't mean that he truly knew what he was getting into, or how bad it could be a lot of the time.

You tried to explain it the best you could to him but seen as you barely knew what was happening most of the time, it was a hard thing to do. He tried his best to be supportive of you but when you didn't know what you needed to help you, then how was he meant to help you?

Bucky came into the room after hearing you crying, curling up in the bed beside you. He wrapped his arms around you, pushing your hair from your face as he tried to wipe away your tears but more only just kept coming.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" He asked, a pained expression on his face. "I feel so hopeless when you are like this and I can't help."

You tried to muster a weak smile even if it was more effort than it needed to be.

"I honestly don't know, Buck," you sighed. "If I knew what would help me, I would ask for help in any way I could."

"I'm sorry," he whispered, pressing his lips to your forehead.

"Don't be sorry," you frowned. "I'm sorry that I can't tell you how to do anything to help. All I really need is you to be here and at the moment, to just hold me."

Bucky nodded his head, holding you closer, almost cradling you in his arms, as he tried to do all that he could to make you feel better.

"It's going to get better Y/N," he assured you. "I promise you that we are going to look back at these days and you'll see how far you've come. This isn't going to be your life forever."

This time your smile wasn't as strained. "All I need is for you to remind me of that."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.