Gwen Stacy- Portal (a)

It was hard to see what was going on, as soon as the portal re-opened you had been disorientated with only Gwen there to keep you together. Thanks to Kingpin the two of you had come quite close, you both knew and hoped that you would be able to return to your own universes but that hope was met with the dread of knowing that you would never see each other again.

"You need to let go." Gwen shouted over the deafening machines; her voice trailed off into the otherwise emptiness of the warehouse as her fingers slipped from the steel rebar. Her outstretched hand wrapped around a pillar, but the pull of the portal only grew stronger as it opened wider and wider. "Let go Y/N, before the whole city is swallowed.

"With everything that went down, I didn't get a chance to properly say goodbye." She pulled herself onto the side of the cold concrete and you saw her chest expand with deep breaths.

"I don't think we even got to say hello properly." She dragged her mask from her head and took a few moments to recuperate. You thought she was calling you over, but instead two sleek lines of web ejected from her wrist and grabbed onto your chest, pulling you over to where she sat pressed against the pillar.

"Don't be scared." Her hand ran around your cheek and through your hair, sending a vigorous tremble down your spine. "Well, that's stupid actually. Be scared. Of course, you should, the important thing is that you do it anyway."

"Once I jump into that, I can't come back. I can't pop round to the next reality over. I'll never get to see you again." Gwen smiled; her gaze sat deep in your eyes as tears rolled down her cheek.

"I'm not too excited about that part either. Sometimes though you need to make sacrifices, and it sucks. It's kinda what being a Spider-Person is all about." Gwen had had her powers for much longer than you had, but her it was mostly her wisdom that surprised most of the group, especially for someone so young. Her lips pressed firmly against the top of your head. "I know that it's hard to make those decisions sometimes though, we just need a little push."

A gasp fell before you into the abyss and a breathlessness infested your lungs, your body dropped towards the portal.

~*~

Written by Aaron.