Wanda Maximoff- Trust (c)

It was odd to see Wanda so quiet. She wasn't overly chatty, but she was avoiding eye contact and playing with her nails, something that was odd for her. Instantly it concerned you. Yes, there was a mission that was just the two of you and Natasha, and it was far harder than anything you had done before, but you knew Wanda well enough to know that she didn't get nervous about missions, she didn't see the point.

You observed her for a moment, hoping she would start to talk to you, or snap out of whatever thoughts she was consumed by currently but that wasn't the case. She was still lost in her thoughts and that worried you.

"Wanda," you whispered, not wishing to startle her but wanting to gain her attention.

Instantly, she snapped out of whatever was consuming her. She seemed dazed for a moment before she gave you a weak and very obviously fake smile. You hated seeing her in such a state, she was such a kind person and her heart was pure, you wished that you could remove any elements of worry or concern that she felt.

"I'm sorry," she said softly. "My mind was elsewhere."

You gave her a warm smile, hoping your kind demeanour would help her open up to you. The two of you had been in a relationship for over a year but you had never exchanged 'I Love You's' or been too overly emotional, but that seemed to work for the two of you. She wasn't ready for anything more emotional and you weren't going to push her to do something she wasn't comfortable with.

"What's wrong?" You asked, taking her hand within yours.

"Nothing."

You knew it was a lie. You cocked an eyebrow at her as she let out a sigh, realising she would have to tell you. She took a moment before regaining eye contact.

"I think I'm in love with you and I'm terrified."

Mixed emotions filled you. You didn't know if you were meant to be happy that she did love you, how you loved her, or if you should be concerned due to her fear.

"Why are you scared?"

Once again, she needed a moment before she could explain.

"Most of my life it was just me and Pietro. I couldn't trust anyone else. I had to rely on him and no one else. It terrifies me to trust you. I know I can, but it feels like it fights an innate part of me," she whispered.

You gave her a gentle smile, raising her hand to your lips.

"Do not worry Wanda," you smiled softly. "You can trust me, but I don't blame you if you feel as though you can't. It will take time and I am going to be here every step of the way. I am always going to be here for you, as long as you want me to be here."

A genuine smile crossed her lips.

"Thank you, Y/N. I do truly love you."

"I love you too Wanda."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.