Miles Morales- Spray Can (a)

"Come on you'll be okay... trust me." You reached out to grab Miles' outstretched hand and hopped down into the disused sewage tunnel. "You're scared?" He asked looking back as his fingers fiddled with a rickety flashlight until the bulb slowly flickered on. "It's cool I get it, you don't have to be though. I've been coming here since I can remember." You followed him, uncertain of what awaited in the dimly lit darkness, all that he had told you was that he finally wanted to show you one of his city hiding spots.

"Just tell me where you're taking me." Your stomach churned with a jumble of fear and excitement, Miles seemed happy to be torturing you so much.

"I need it to speak for itself, I promise if you don't like it I'll buy you dinner at school tomorrow." He laughed and jogged forward slightly, knowing that you wouldn't be able to turn down free food. "Hold up." He ran forward as you stayed still, taking in the full aroma of feint sewage and thriving moss. He ran his hands against an aged brick wall and through the darkness you saw a feint, proud smile as he bent down and carefully placed a plug into its socket. You heard the flicker of fluorescent bulbs and then in one final zap of power the wall that sat in front of you sat proudly illuminated.

"So, thoughts?" Miles turned around, his honored pose casting a shadow against the vibrant wall, Miles' artwork spanned from corner to corner, every available space plastered in a masterful display of modern art. "Don't leave me hanging, come on!"

"It's amazing!" You walked slowly forward as Miles dotted around the room, turning on some smaller lights and pulling a dusty sheet from a sofa that sat, almost abandoned in the middle of the room. It was increasingly hard to form words as you stood in awe.

"Put your feet up." Miles hopped over the sofa, landing with outstretched legs and admiring his own work.

"How did you... I've seen your stickers around the city but I never knew you were on this kind of level."

He took your hand and led you onto the cushioned seat.

"I had an uncle who was into this stuff."

"I only wish I could pull this sort of movement, I got nothing man." Miles shot up as if he was waiting for you to say exactly that, from behind the sofa he launched a hefty and rattling bag to your side.

"I've seen your sketchbook, grab a can and lets get to work."

~*~

Written by Aaron.