Karolina Dean- Different (c)

You didn't need to say anything to excuse yourself from the social situation, no one even really noticed, too busy laughing and spending time together to realise that you had left. You didn't stray too far, just heading into the adjacent room, to get a break from the group but in case of trouble being close enough. Taking yourself into a corner, you sat down and let your thoughts take over, regardless of whether it was a good thing or not.

Everyone was special in the group, they either had powers, brains, a weapon or a dinosaur but you, well you didn't have anything. You were just there even though you had nothing to give to the group. You had no idea why they kept you around, you were a liability more than anything.

As you sat there, you didn't notice when Karolina walked into the room until she plopped herself down next to you, resting a hand onto your knee.

"What are you doing on your own?" She asked softly.

You loved the group, they were all your friends and you especially loved Karolina seen as she was your girlfriend but that didn't help make the thoughts any easier, if anything it made them worse.

"I didn't want to get in the way," you sighed.

She cocked an eyebrow at you. "What do you mean? We were just chatting, you never get in the way, especially when we are just talking, you are a member of the group."

You shrugged your shoulders. Most of their chats were either about the cool things they had done or could do, or it was about what they planned to do next in the fight against your parents. As you couldn't do anything to assist, you felt left out of the conversations even though you knew they didn't mean it.

"I just feel like a burden, even when we are just talking. I'm not like you guys," you sighed. "I'll probably never be like you guys."

Karolina looked concerned as she wrapped an arm around you, trying to figure out what had caused you to think of yourself in such a low manner.

"What's made you think like that?" She questioned.

"I don't know. I just wanna be different, like everyone else," you frowned.

She leaned in to press her lips gently to your cheek.

"Okay maybe you don't have some magical powers, or a cool weapon or Old Lace, but you are the heart of the team," she assured you. "We couldn't do anything we do without you. You keep us sane, make sure we all don't get too big for our boots and help us if we get hurt. Just because you don't fight with us, doesn't mean you don't fight for us."

You couldn't help but smile a little. You hadn't looked at it in that manner. Without Karolina, you wouldn't know what you would do, she never failed to make you smile.

"Thank you, Karolina," you smiled softly. "You always know how to look on the bright side."

"Only when it comes to you."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.