Gwen Stacy- Costume (a)

"Just go, I'll figure something out." Gwen rubbed her eyes and stared at her watch as she overlooked the countless balls of paper that had been tossed in the bin. "We've been trying for what... five hours already, maybe we should just give up for now and come back in a few days or something."

"I said I'd help, so come on. What was wrong with this one?" You bent down and unfurled one of the discarded sheets, the corners sat stuck on the table with tape as Gwen scanned the costume design from all sorts of angles. "It looks sleek, it isn't too obnoxious. I think this one seems fine."

"I need the suit to represent me, I don't see any of me in here. When I'm swinging through the city, this is what people are going to notice, of course they cant know the woman behind the suit but that doesn't mean I want to be totally independent from it." She scooped up a few different colours and held the stained wood against the sketch. "We could change the spectrum though? Liven things up a bit? Who says that heroes have to be all moody and dark, when was the last time you saw a superhero that had pink detailing?" Her eyes widened and her smile spread across her face. She pulled a fresh sheet from underneath the table and sketched out as closely as possible the previous design.

"A hood for when it's raining." She commented. "A nice design just to keep things interesting along the back, detail in the shape of webbing and then we pull it all down to... a set of ballet shoes with wrapping just to put a bit of me through it."

She held it proudly up to the sun and looked over eagerly for your opinion.

"I love it." You moved closer to it and admired the smooth lines and slick shapes that danced around the middle. "How are we going to actually... make the suit though. Sure, it's easy enough to draw it but neither of us can sew."

"I have some money from dad."

"He'd be proud to know that you were using it to do good. Where from though? You don't want it linking back to you." Gwen carefully rolled up the paper and slid it into a sheath.

"I'll figure something out don't worry. Come on, you deserve some dinner."

~*~

Written by Aaron.