Stephen Strange- Five Years (a)

Beaming rays scattered through the partially closed blinds, distorting your vision and causing your next few seconds of sight to be hazy. The vague shapes In front of you slowly formed into recognisable shapes, the pieces of work that were trying to rob the bank before you interjected and before one of them must have managed to get a cheap shot on you and rendered you unconscious. Although they also sat slouched and scratching their head, slowly falling out of what appeared to be a deep sleep.

You and one of the criminals locked eyes and looked at each other with very visible confusion, it didn't take him long to reach for a gun that had been dropped to the floor and raise it with a weak, trembling hand. He gave you a cocky smile before slowly squeezing the trigger.

The barrel of the gun slowly began to glow with an orange hue, the light getting more and more intense. The source of the expanding light, a radiant disc floating in thin air stood in stasis. You wanted to investigate, but there was the small problem of the gun being pointed at you that held your attention.

The bloodied finger slid further down the trigger.

BANG

An orange tendril burst from the disk, wrapping itself around his wrist and pulling the weapon from his hands and leading the way for your saviour to step through, in front of you.

"I'm Doctor Stephen Strange, just bear with me for two seconds." He had a flowing scarlet cloak which appeared to strike the criminal behind him all by itself, knocking him out before returning to its previous non-sentient position.

"My apologies." He cleared his throat. "My name is Doctor Stephen Strange; I need you to come with me." He gestured towards what he explained was a portal.

"What have I done?"

"You misunderstand, it isn't about what you've done, more... What you do. Our entire universe is under threat from a near indestructible being who killed you five years ago. We need you to help stop him."

"What am I going to do?" You spoke as he helped you up. "You need the Captain, or Iron Man you know? An actual superhero."

"You hold immense power; I can see into the future I know these things. There is one chance in about fourteen million that half the universe doesn't become piles of ash. You are the one."

~*~

Written by Aaron.