John Proudstar- Stubborn (c)

Sometimes the things that you loved most about someone became the things that made you want to throttle them. You and John had been in a relationship for years and one of the things that had intrigued you when you first met was how he could stand his ground and make sure things went the way he wanted usually for the better of others. It was something you loved about him and the fact that he knew his mind and didn't stray from it had always interested you about John. Now, that wasn't the case.

All you could see now was a stubborn man who wasn't willing to change his ways and he was somewhat self-interested. It wasn't even like it was in large ways that he was stubborn, even just when it came to simple disagreements, he ended up arguing until you couldn't be bothered anymore so let him win. Rarely did you end up changing your mind but you just lost interest in the conversation and let him think he won.

Today was one of the many times a simple conversation had made you want to pull out your hair when John refused to think about anything but his opinion.

"You can be such a stubborn prick, John," you huffed, finally losing your patience and needing to call him out on his stubbornness.

He furrowed his brow at you, getting ready to prove you correct whilst somehow framing it as the opposite.

"I'm not stubborn," he stated.

You were pretty sure that your eyes couldn't roll anymore than they currently were. In him arguing about nor being stubborn, he was simply proving that he was in fact as stubborn as you accused him of being.

"Yes, you are," you retorted.

"No, I'm not."

You let out an almighty sigh. How the hell he was able to argue a point but somehow show the complete opposite in his actions was beyond you. You didn't like arguing with him, and when he wasn't being stubborn, the two of you got along rather well and you did truly love him even if you doubted that fact sometimes.

"Fine, you're not," you frowned, not wanting to continue the argument, knowing deep down he had to know you were right even if he refused to ever admit the fact to you or himself.

He had a triumphant expression on his face. "Thank you."

You had to use every ounce of your being to stop yourself from screaming in his face to argue his point.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by