Carol Danvers- Distance (c)

After half the population of the universe disappeared including half of the heroes, the ones that were left had to work double as hard to try and make life seem normal again. You had to spread your resources as far and wide as you possibly could. It was hard for everyone to be the hero that everyone wanted to help them and then also be able to think positively in such a horrible world. Both you and your girlfriend Carol were trying to be heroes but also be there for the other. Carol spent a lot of time elsewhere, on different planets, helping where they needed her most and sometimes that played on your mind as you needed her but felt terrible as people needed her far more than you. It felt selfish for you to want to hug and kiss your girlfriend when she was trying to save a planet from destroying itself in the wake of such a tragedy.

It had been near to three months since you had last seen her in person. She had called in to check up on you and talk with the rest of the team about what she was doing and where she would be next. It was hard to see a hologram of the woman you loved when you had no idea when you would next see her next.

The only person you confide in was Natasha. You hadn't wanted to at first, but she had seen how tearful you became when you last spoke to Carol, so spoke with her about how you felt.

Both of you were sat in her office, drinking tea and talking about how much your heart longed for your girlfriend who neither of you knew when she'd even be on the same planet as you.

"I just miss her so much, Nat," you whispered. "I feel like such a dumbass for how shitty I feel without her."

She gave you an apologetic smile. "It's going to be okay. She could be back anytime now."

"I hate that I need her so much. Every day I don't get to see her is a day wasted," you sighed.

Natasha's smile curled further on her face. You had no idea why she looked happy when you were so upset.

"What?" You questioned.

She nodded towards the door. As you turned around, you almost fell out of your seat due to the shock of what you saw.

"Carol?"

You jumped up from your chair, rushing over to her. Carol smiled warmly at you opening her arms to receive the much-needed hug.

"I've missed you," she said softly. "I've missed you so much."

"I've missed you too."

You pulled her into a passionate kiss, not caring that your friend was there to witness it but only caring for the fact that your girlfriend was now here and you were going to appreciate any little time you had with her.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.