Valkyrie- Bodyguard (c)

Most people when considering the fact that you were an Asgardian princess, couldn't see any negatives to the situation and you certainly wouldn't suggest there were many. It was a privilege, only a couple of women ever got through birth or marriage and you used your status to help others where it was possible. However, there were some drawbacks, few and far between but when they arose, they were far worse than anything you could imagine. Some considered Odin a false king, although the majority agreed to his rule and liked him as the king but those whom opposed it saw you as an easy way to contend.

Your father had gained word that your life was sought and without enough information, all he knew was he needed to keep you safe and the best way to do so was to have someone there as a guard and protector, making sure you were never alone. When you father sought someone, it was almost too easy to choose, there was only one person past that of your brothers whom would protect you no matter what, put your life ahead of their own and make sure that you would survive whatever danger would face you.

Valkyrie was hired as your personal bodyguard, although it certainly wasn't the pay that interested her the most about taking the job, even if it was a bonus. Both of you were happy to spend every second of your day together, having been in a relationship for a long while and being desperately in love. Even with her employment and you being her girlfriend, you didn't truly feel the need for a bodyguard, so when she did what was necessary for her job, it may have bothered you slightly.

"I do not need you to check my closet every time we enter the room," you commented, quickly becoming tired of her protectiveness. "A swordsman isn't going to be hidden amongst my gowns."

"It is better to be safe than sorry. Not only would it kill me if anything bad were to happen to you, but your father would have me killed," she stated, continuing with her search until every hiding place was checked and you were allowed to freely roam your chambers.

Valkyrie noticed your annoyed expression but wanted to make you feel better in any way she could, she leaned down and kissed your forehead, knowing your lips were in too deep a pout to warrant kissing.

"I am your personal bodyguard and I am here to make sure nothing untoward happens to you, but I am your girlfriend first and my job it to make sure you are happy. I only do so many checks, to make sure you stay safe and I am sorry that that had been a cause of your sadness," she smiled softly. "Once this threat is sorted, I will be back to normal, I won't have to be as overprotective as I currently am."

"I hope that it will not be long," you stated.

"As do I."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request