Shuri- Please Call... (a)

You walked into Shuri's lab, still in awe at the technology they had that stood eons ahead of what you were used to, yet you entered to a familiar sight to what you would see back home. Shuri paced back and forth, her phone pressed against her ear and an angry frown spread across her normally quite cheery face.

"Oh, come on!" She slammed the phone down onto the counter-top before picking it up a few seconds later and frantically dialling a number.

"Who's got you so pissed off?" You asked, Shuri put the phone onto loud speaker and an operatic cacophony of classical music burst through the speakers, a tone that you were all too familiar with.

"I have been on hold with these forsaken idiots for the past two hours. All I want to do is return some faulty parts and get what I need."

"Do you not really have to deal with call centres in Wakanda?"

"No... and I do not like them."

"Miss... Shuri." An unsure voice called out from the phone, Shuri dived forward and raised the phone towards her mouth. "Hi there, unfortunately we are unable to help you with your query as it does not fall under our department, please call out returns department and they should be able to help you."

"But I was told to speak to you. Please." She practically begged. "All I want to do is return some broken orders."

"I do apologise, but as I said you must call the returns line to book that refund, okay hun, bye bye." The phone went dead.

Shuri carefully placed the phone down onto the surface, slowly inhaled a deep and purposeful breath. "I'm okay." She lied, doing her best to stay calm.

"Are you sure?" You took a few paces back, taking note of the copious amounts of high-tech weaponry that lined most of the wall space.

"No." She walked up to one of T'Challa's retired suits and let loose a ruthless onslaught of punches and kicks against the rigid material.

"Would you like some help?" You mentioned how you were well versed in the subtle art of dealing with customer service representatives, defeated, Shuri nodded and slid her phone over to you.

"You may be able centuries ahead of us in the science department, but this isn't science, this is an art. Watch and learn, you might want to take some notes whilst you're at it."

~*~

Written by Aaron.