Peter Parker- Injury (a)

"Tough day?" Peter almost fell through the doorway, his breaths pants and his mask scrunched into his fist.

"What gave it... away?" He winced and clutched at his side as he fell onto the sofa, his gloved fingers ran through his matted and sweaty hair before slumping down to his side.

"Come on." You drew the curtains and helped him rise to his feet. "Get your suit off so I can give you a once over." He limply held onto your arms as you pulled him up to his feet, he stood uneasy as you removed his suit, leaving him in nothing but his pants. Long lacerations decorated his body in rows of three and they're dried blood stained his skin.

"What happened?" He swayed from side to side, he would have fallen if it was not for you there to catch him.

"V...V...Vulture." He muttered, taking a step back the deep cuts did bear a similarity to bird talons. A warm pot of water was at the ready, you had learnt a lot from being Spider-Man's partner and most of that was to be prepared for when he returned home. Much to Peter's discomfort, you sponged down the wounds with a few towels put down to keep the water at bay. He winced and squirmed and it hurt you to have to hurt him, but you both understood that it had to be done.

"He's too strong." Peter's eyes rolled into his head and he fell forward and met the floor with a hard whack and he would be out in a world of his own for a good time to come.

~ 2 hours later ~

Peter awoke gasping for air, he kicked and writhed before realising that he was in your bedroom.

"I'm sorry." He was barely able to open his eyes and his words were hushed.

"What for?"

"You shouldn't have to go through this." His hand raised mere inches from the bed before falling back down, you had been watching him while he slept and rushed over once you realised he was back, you clutched his hand expecting him to squeeze back but it just lay almost lifeless. "I should have told you earlier, at least then you would have had fair time to escape."

"Escape from what?"

"Me."

"I don't need to escape from you, I don't want to escape from you." You ran your hands around his cheek and brushed his subtle waves from out of his eyes.

"I don't want to put you through this anymore."

~*~

Written by Aaron.