Steve Rogers- Jealous (c)

You had spent more time with your close friend recently than you had realised. Almost every day you had plans with Bucky, most of which were lies to your husband Steve, but it wasn't due to anything untoward. You needed someone to confide in and Bucky happened to be that person, you didn't think much about it, not until Steve begun to act coldly towards you and you needed to figure out why he was so clearly upset with you.

"Steve, I thought we were good at communicating," you smiled softly. "You're obviously upset with me, are you going to tell me why or should I ask Bucky? You're willing to confide in him when you're upset."

His grumpy expression only grew at your comment as he crossed his arms over his broad chest. "Yeah well you seem to be spending all of your time with him, wouldn't surprise me if you were doing more than confiding in him."

You cocked an eyebrow at him, slightly offended by what he was suggesting.

"What are you trying to say Steven?" You frowned. "Because to me it is as though you are suggesting that I am having an affair with your best friend."

He shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know what to believe anymore."

"Wait a minute. Are you jealous?" You asked, your expression becoming more humorous. "Are you jealous of me spending time with Bucky and you're trying to make yourself feel better by thinking that we're having sex."

His nose screwed up as he heard you even mentioning having sex with Bucky. Steve loved you more than anything and had never experienced being jealous before so it only made sense that it must be justified even though he trusted you both to never upset him in any manner and certainly wouldn't have an affair.

"You always prefer spending time with Bucky so why wouldn't you leave me for him?" He whispered, hoping the words weren't true.

"Wanna bet on that?" You asked, a smirk upon your lips.

"Yeah," he croaked.

"I'm pregnant Steve," you stated. "I have been spending time with Bucky to figure out how to tell you. I have never thought of him as anything past a friend and I wish you could have spoken to me about this because I wish that you could trust me to be friends with someone without thinking I was fucking them."

Steve couldn't control his expression, over whether he should be excited for the child or feel terrible for being jealous.

"I'm so sorry Y/N, I don't know what I was thinking," he said, pain in his voice.

"You are a daft man Steven Rogers but at least I'll get a laugh out of telling Bucky. For now, I just want to know how you feel about the baby."

He offered you a gentle smile. "I'm overjoyed."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by @groovymarvel and