Bucky Barnes- Stubborn (c)

Bucky tended to come home from missions whilst you were asleep, and you'd just wake up to your boyfriend by your side even though he hadn't been there when you went to bed. Tonight, he tried to follow that trend, but he wasn't so lucky. As he tried to get his shirt off, he let out a loud groan of pain, smacking his metal arm off the wall as he tried to stop himself from falling over.

You were woken up at a start. Leaning over, you flicked on the bedside lamp, grabbing your gun to defend yourself. You noticed that it was Bucky in the room and not a danger, so lowered it back into the covers of the bed as you let your breathing settle back into a normal rhythm.

"Bucky?" You said in your tired tone, trying to get your brain to work in the middle of the night.

"Go back to sleep," he said through gritted teeth, still trying to pull at his shirt.

As he tried to pull it over his head, you saw the blood sodden bandages that were wrapped around his middle.

You swung your legs out of bed, reaching under it to get the first aid kit that got good use in your home. Making your way over to him, you helped him take off the shirt.

"I'm okay Y/N," he grunted. "Try and get some sleep."

Shooting him a look, you unzipped the first aid kit, ready to redress his wounds because he wasn't going to be able to effectively do it himself.

"You clearly need help Buck," you frowned.

"I'm fine."

You looked him in the eye, refusing to back down to the man you loved when he needed your help.

"Could you stop being so damn stubborn and let me help you?"

His whole demeanour softened as he let you remove his old bandages, only wincing as you moved the pieces touching his wounds. It didn't take long for you to clean up his wounds, gaining a few swear words from his pain as you cleaned it. Once the new bandages were put on and the old ones were disposed of you were able to help him into bed, cuddling up to his side.

"You're a stubborn prat, you know, that right?" You said with a gentle smile.

"Luckily you put up with me and take care of me," he chuckled.

"Anything for the man I love."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.