Steve Rogers- Protect (c)

Why, you a civilian ended up in the midst of a battle was a rather long story and wasn't too important. The only important part was that you were there with your boyfriend Steve and he was doing his best to keep you hidden away and not in any danger, which in itself was easier said than done.

Of course, you knew Steve was a hero and you weren't, but it felt horrible to see him constantly trying to protect you and you being pretty much useless. Although you didn't know how to fight, you wanted to help at least a little but he kept you under his supervision, trying to get you out of there as soon as he could whilst also trying to take control of the situation by subduing the HYDRA agents that he was solely fighting.

Steve threw his shield, which hit an agent but quickly fell to the floor. Disregarding it, he went to hit another agent, not really needing the shield when it was close combat. You saw another agent rushing across the room to get to him, but Steve was too busy to notice it too.

You quickly made your way over to the shield, grabbing it before anyone could use it against either you or Steve. Seeing the agent nearing the man you loved, you knew you could actually do some good, maybe you could actually help him. You ran over towards him, shouting out his name to get his attention but you knew that he wouldn't notice the man in time. Mainly fueled by panic, you used all of your power to throw the shield, letting it collide with the man, allowing Steve an extra moment to get in a hit and disarm him. With the force of the shield, you fell down, letting your breathing fall ragged.

Steve quickly got rid of the threat before rushing over to you, helping you back to your feet.

"What were you thinking?" He asked, pulling you close, even though his voice held annoyance.

"I wanted to be able to protect you too," you whispered.

Maybe it was a little stupid, but you hated being so useless to him.

"I appreciate it, I really do, but I don't know what I would do if you got hurt," he said apologetically. "I couldn't live with myself if something happened to you."

"I don't want you hurt either," you frowned.

"I am far more durable than you, just please don't do that again, please try to stay out of trouble."

You offered him a weak smile. "I guess I can do that."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.