T'Challa- Okoye (a)

It had felt like decades since you had seen the Wakandan landscape, the inner cities of America had their own kind of beauty, but nothing could compare to the lush fauna, clear sky and sheer mountains. More than the postcard worthy scenery though you had missed the people, of course being away from T'Challa and Shuri for so long was painful, being away from siblings for a long time is always hard but you had unexpectedly found yourself longing for Okoye. Before you had been bestowed the honor of being a War Dog, she hadn't often crossed your mind, but on the rare occasion you had contact with home you found yourself asking about her every time.

"Sister... it is good to see you after so long." T'Challa welcomed you back with open arms, eager to tell you about the eventful few months that had plagued Wakanda, but you couldn't wait to find her.

"Where is Okoye?" You asked as he led you proudly through the halls of what was now his palace.

"You do not see your big brother for six months, your brother who is now the leader of these people and you do not want to talk to him?" His stern face broke into a humble smile as he led you over to the balcony where Okoye could be seen mercilessly training the newest batch of Wakandan soldiers.

"I had a few situations, without her training I wouldn't have returned as I have done. I need to go and thank her."

"Are you sure that is all you want to speak to her about?" As your big brother T'Challa had a responsibility to tease, a job he took more seriously than even the sacred oaths of the Black Panther.

"Yes, what else could it possibly be?" His hand ruffled through your hair much to your dismay.

"I am not naïve y/n, you asked about here every time we would call you. If you like her you are more than capable of simply going and telling her. You two are very close, what is the worst that could happen?"

"I'm not sure if you realised this T'Challa, she is Okoye the general. I do not stand a chance with somebody like her."

"Do not put yourself down, don't make me pull out the royalty card." Before you could respond he sent out a whistle, Okoye lay down her spear and dismissed the class before coming to join you.

~*~

Written by Aaron.

Tumblr Request.