Peter Parker- Apartment: Part 1 (a)

As you stood on your debris covered carpet, there was nothing you could to do stop the harsh New York winter winds from swirling in through the massive hole in your exterior wall. Of course, you didn't blame Spider-Man, but he could have webbed Vulture and caused him to fly into an apartment that wasn't yours. Luckily you had neighbors you could stay with and nobody except Vulture got hurt but it was going to take a massive chip out of your already stretched savings. 'Maybe I should just leave it like this.' You thought to yourself, it did give a nicer view over Central Park and in the summer the breeze would be nice, unfortunately not up to building standards though. You cautiously turned away from the hole, careful not to trip over the many shards of brick and wary to take in everything you could before grabbing your bags to leave for possibly months.

"I'm... I'm sorry about the hole thing." Almost jumping out of your skin you shot back, your feet danced around the debris as you clutched your chest and looked back. "Oh my, I didn't mean to make you jump." Spider-Man stood nervously, a colorful bouquet of sunny daffodils, vibrant iris' and fresh, magenta tulips sat clutched between his hands.

"Don't worry." You took a few purposeful breaths regained your composure. "Are you..."

"Yeah, I'm the Spider-Man. I wanted to come and apologise for the, well you know what for." He stepped forward and held the bouquet out for you to graciously accept.

"Wow! I'm surprised you can afford to keep this up if you give flowers to everybody whose property you damage. I would rather I didn't have to leave my apartment, but it isn't your fault. You're only being the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man."

"We don't... we don't normally do this whole apology thing. I think by this point people have just accepted the fact that somethings are going to be broken. Do you have somewhere to go? I don't want you having to splash out on a hotel."

"I have a friend, we aren't on the best of terms but they said I could couch surf for a few days until I can find a cheap motel or somebody else to bother." He swept under your arms and collected your luggage in his grasp.

"I have actually spoke to Tony... Iron Man about that. He said you can stay at the Avenger's Tower until you get back on your feet." He wrapped your bags up in a sheet of web and easily picked up most of your life's contents in one hand before holding out the other. "So... what do you say?"

~*~

Written by Aaron.