Carol Danvers- Subway (a)

A deafening screech accompanied your cart as the rickety metal box swayed from side to side, the subway plummeted through the tunnels and as you were already late for work it could not go fast enough. The subway ride was the same as every other day, bad smells and people keeping to themselves, most people anyway. There was often trouble but people tended to just ignore it, which is what you were doing to the brutish oafs catcalling you from a few seats down.

Your head stayed down as they harassed you, it was only a few stops until you were at work so you tried to just pretend that they didn't exist, praying and hoping that they were not getting off at the same place that you were. There was nothing else to try, you moved seats and they followed, chances are nobody was going to help so you just had to put up with it.

The train pulled into a station and the usual sad looking troupe of travellers took their seat, a few of them took note of the men but of course nobody would help. You had become pretty decent at knowing who would get on at what step, but there was somebody you had never seen before, a blonde haired woman who looked very confused at her surrounding, she took a place next to you and smiled before staring towards the floor.

One of the men shouted down to you. "Hey, what stop are you getting off at?"

Before you could answer the newbie called back at them. "This lady's destination is none of your business sir." Nobody had ever stood up for you before, and you didn't quite know how to react, you just smiled at her but told her not to get involved, the grimy looking men just laughed it off between them.

"I wasn't talking to you... don't get involved when it isn't your business." His tone changed from what sounded like joking to very serious.

"It is now my business sir, nice to meet you." She stood up, and planted herself in front of you, he made his way down the carriage, she firmly stood her ground even when you tried to pull her down, you couldn't bear the thought of somebody getting hurt because of you.

"Listen bitch, I'm not talking to you. Sit down before I put you down." Like a flash of lightning she pushed his head down and rose her knee up, he stepped backward in confusion and pain, grabbing his face tightly.

"What the fuck?" He charged towards her as the other men watched, she quickly put him onto the floor, he scuttled away like a scared little dog on his knees.

"I'm sorry you had to see that." She sat back down, occasionally peering back over to the terrified looking group.

"It's okay... thank you for kicking his ass."