Thor Odinson- Let Myself Go (a)

"Oh my... Thor... is that you?" You called out to who you thought was one of your previous flings who sat cowered and hiding behind a stone pillar although now he looked a little more... rugged than he did before.

"Uumm, yes, it is I... Thor." He tried to suck in what appeared to be a newly formed gut and attempted to pose in a heroic manner.

"What... what happened to you? Rough few days?" He dusted crumbs off of his very strange looking stained shirt and out of his very unkempt, mangy beard.

"What? Pfft no... no. I'm doing great, wonderful in fact." He leant up against the pillar but still looked as if he was trying to keep out of sight.

"Are you sure? I can go and get somebody if you're not feeling too good?"

"No actually, I'm not... uuummm, just a little bit of a cold maybe, a bit of flu." He laid out a very obvious fake cough and wiped his nose.

"Right... Thor, god of thunder brought down by a cold. I don't think so. Come on, you can tell me, what's wrong."

"I am here... from the future." He spoke very quietly and his eyes widened.

"Okay, right. I've seen stranger things happen in Asgard so let's go with it. The future not being too kind to you?" You patted his stomach and questioned his peculiar wardrobe.

"What? No. The future has been wonderful to me, sure. This is just... a new muscle building technique. Can't be the god of thunder without having the body of... well... a god?"

"A new muscle building technique?"

"Of course, what else?"

"Is that why you're getting out of breath talking to me?" After you mentioned his deep breaths, he very clearly made an effort to make it seem more controlled. "Come on, we were partners for years. You can tell me what's going on."

"I let myself go." He spoke with dropped shoulders and his head hung to the floor.

"Oh dear. The heart-throb of Asgard has 'let himself go'. Any plans to maybe get back in shape?"

"What's the point." He leant his back against the pillar and slowly slid down to the floor, where you joined him.

"What happened to get you so melancholy?"

"What hasn't happened..." His hand ran through his grease-ridden hair before slumping over his knee.

"Come on Mr. Time-Traveller. Let's get you some rest huh?"

"I can't..." He stumbled up again. "I need to go and suck the aether out of my girlfriend."

~*~

Written by Aaron.