Carol Danvers- Wine (c)

Carol pushed her blonde hair out of her face as she made her way over to join you on the sofa. She placed one of the glasses of red wine in her hands onto the side table, handing the second one to you. You took a sip from the glass, pulling the blanket back so that the seat was clear for her to join you. She took her place at your side, happily accepting the blanket across her lap, using it as an excuse to be close to you, not that either of you needed an excuse.

The two of you enjoyed your days off, being able to stay cuddled up on the sofa, drinking a little too much wine and just letting yourselves to enjoy the company of the other.

"Thank you," you smiled, sipping the drink again before placing it on the table at your side of the sofa.

"Anything for you," she said, knowing how cheesy it sounded.

She kicked her feet up onto the padded stool, letting herself stretch out. You curled into her side. Your head rested on her chest whilst she wrapped her arm around you, forcing you as close to her as you could get.

Both of you were in your pyjamas, regardless of the fact it was still the middle of the afternoon, the sun making its presence known through the parted curtains.

"Was that the last of the bottle?" You asked her.

She nodded her head. "Well there was a splash left but I drank that."

"I think there is another in the cupboard," you assured her. "We'll have to get another couple of bottles for when Maria comes over next week."

"There's a couple of beers in the fridge, so we can move onto those and leave the wine for the weekend?" She offered.

You shrugged your shoulders, snuggling closer to her. Neither of you were dependent on alcohol but you did both enjoy a couple of glasses of wine or a few beers to share between you whilst you cuddled and talked.

Carol leant down and pressed her lips gently to the top of your head, reassuring you with her love. Even though the day was just filled with a few alcoholic beverages and non-stop cuddling, it was one of the days that you loved the most. Spending time with Carol always put a smile on your face and today wasn't any different.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.